Need some advice and prayers

hollyanne

Dear Holly..

I agree with so many things that were said here..I know how my mom was when my dad died and she was a lost soul..

I also realized that your dad had many precious years with your mom and it is not fair to YOU to put your life on hold..

I know the pain and hurt and all the mixed feelings involved..

You are a special person and you worry about every one..Try to sort out what is best for you and your family at this time..

Pray that Our Lord gives you the insight you need to make the right choices..

You are in my thoughts and prayers..

Love,

Donna

I agree with so much of what the others have said. It is said that after a major change in your life you should wait at least 6 months to a year to make any major decisions. Unfortunately we don't always have that option. I went through a number of life altering experiences and had to make several major decisions the first few months after Johnny's death.

I too believe that you belong with your husband. He needs to be with his child. The one thing I disagree with is asking him to go home with you. I think you should talk to him and let him know that it is time for you to go home. Get him used to the idea while your husband is visiting. Then tell him that you need to be home with your husband and after a few weeks you want him to visit you for a while.

Not only do you need the time alone with your husband and child but even if he doesn't know it your dad needs time alone. Grieving is a terrible thing to have to do but dispite all of your good intentions your dad will never begin to get through the grieving process until he has some time alone to learn to live alone. It won't be easy. It never is but postponing your life is not the answer either. I think you both need space and your dad does not need to start feeling guilty for keeping you from your life. He has enough to work through already.

No matter what you do it won't be easy but whoever said life was easy never really faced it or some of the decisons that some of us have to make. I hope you can find the answer that is best for you. I pray that you do and you and your dad both find a little peace.

Lillian