Help please!

KarHart

I don't know what to think. I spoke to the clinical trial nurse yesterday and she told me that everyone on the drug had mental confusion. Wow! I was so bounced up. Then I got home.

It is unbelievable how fast things are changing. The confusion has gotten intense. He is having difficulty keeping his balance and almost fell a couple of times yesterday, but was able to grab on to something. He even told me this morning he did not think he should drive anymore. I am so glad he realized this himself. The biggest change is his speech. He is speaking in a very low tone and the words are just kind of running together. It just hit me, could he possibly have developed brain mets? The speech just started yesterday, the unsteadiness a few days ago and getting worse.

I don't know what to think. Disease progression, clinical trial drug, brain mets? We will probably get some answers tomorrow. If anyone thinks this sounds familiar please let me know. Thanks.

Karen,

When Alan had his brain mets he walked as if he was drunk, he had no balance at all. I do not want to alarm you, but this is something to discuss with the Drs asap and for peace of mind I would insist on a brain MRI. Alan had a solitary mass they were able to make go away with radiation treatments. It was faily big 3.0 x 3.5 cm (only one) and he is doing very well as of now. I will pray you get all your answers tomorrow, if you can I would even call them today and prep the Dr. on this situation.

Karen -

My mom had some of the same symptoms - we had a brain scan which was clear, but it was caused by a tumor growing on the neck and putting pressure on the spinal cord -- we were able to radiate it the first time and the symptoms went away. Prayers that it is something treatable...and quickly.

Love to you,

Holly