Isn't It About Rally Round The Flagpole Time?

CharlieD

Hello to All,

It's way too early in the morning here in the East, but it seems a good time to get a few things off my mind. Been having quite a hard time bouncing back from the Clinical Trial, but bouncing back I am come hell or high water.

Many have recently related how depressing and funky it has been in losing an unusual high number of friends who have fought the battle and came up just a little short. To top it all off it seems, we lost Addie, possibly the most well known and loved of the lot. I know it hit me like a ton of crap. Many of the loved ones have hung right in there like troupers (Patkid) comes to mind continuing to render their support and loving care. Others have understandably withdrawn somewhat which is natural.

Kasey has been her loving self spreading hope and good thoughts which has kept a lot of us, me included on the right track.

My thoughts are that those who have gone served a great purpose for the cause and would expect us to bounce back, rally round the cause and press on with kicking cancer tail. Having said all this, I think it's time we gathered at the Cindis Pub and get it on! We got a lotta people to lift and support. Mike comes to mind along with TAnn, Cindi, Lucey, FayA, haven't heard from BCBCBC for while, Jimben's back in the fight, Rys John and Frank can always use an extra sixer of Budlight. Just like to see the positive light back in the eyes of all of us. It's easy to get browbeaten and even question faith at times, but it's also easy to get back in the frey. I know I've probably missed some that are in need of strength right now but someone will remind us.

So, anybody game? Let's give'em hey. Hope I haven't offended anyone with my probably weak attempt at a pep talk, but Let's Gir R Dun.

God Bless you All.

CharlieD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, here, (or hear, hear, never sure which one), Charlie.

We have lost too many of our dear LCSC family and we will never forget them. They leave us a legacy of love and bravery and hope.

But I believe they would want us to pick ourselves up and kick butt for lc. I'll be on the first stool at Cindi's. Let's keep our spirits up and the fight ongoinging.

I am ALWAYS in for a trip to the Pub, Charlie :) ! I believe Bailey's was Addie's poison of choice. So, in her honor, that will be my drink for the gathering.

Good to know I am not the only one down here trying to climb up after this devastating month or so :cry: .

Thanks, Charlie,

Love to all of us who are in it together....RIGHT???

Kasey

Hi Charlie,

I feel like I havn't left the pub for over a month. My bar seat is diffinetly nice and warm from my butt being on it so much to forget all the horrible news and crying in my drinks.

I can't seem to get out of this Pub.

There was good news from Geri,Kasey,Jamie,Joanie,Connie,Heather and others with there moms and dads, so there is a mixture here.

Also pryaing for Karen and Ken today (KarHart) for her husband to get something positive said today. Also sending prayers for Larry's wife. Sue & Mike, Trish's husband Jeffrey,Colleen & Keith, I could go on and on.

I am tired of downing in my drinks, we need more good news to help bring our spirits (no pun intended) up.

Thanks for your post Charlie, you have a great "Addietude" and that is contageous.

Maryanne

Charlie,thanks for the early morning pep talk.I am one of those who has probably been less supportive lately.

However it never takes a very hard twist of the arm to get me to Cindi's Pub.I'm thinking mabe I'll go there early this afternoon and take a lot of money and a sleeping bag and stay there and do a lot of git r dones and stay there til the STEELER SUPER BOWL GAME is over on Sunday.

Ok, Charlie. You won me over today and are making me have to drag my butt to the bar and apologize for taking some time off when so many people could use some holding up. Kasey has been trying to kick my rear into any ol' gear but I have been stuck in neutral. So, I'm grabbing Kasey's hand and skipping to the bar with her where we will sit on the other side of Pat so I can hold her hand too. Wish I had more hands, but I can offer a foot if anyone else is in need.....

Thanks for the reminder.

Lynne

I am going to wear an Eagles shirt - I am a die hard fan. But this is going to be a fun weekend especially if Geri is giving up her Vodka and Mountain Dew for scotch. We need a designated locomotive driver to get us all home on Monday.

We all have to think about a good toast for all of our family that can not be there.

Oh Ginny I only drink vodka and Mountain Dew during the day..........serious drinking is done with scotch!

This is definitely a serious drinking time, celebrating the good news and sending off our lost ones with good wishes.

I'll pass on the chocolate donuts though........they interfere with the taste of the scotch so save me some for breakfast.

Cheers

Geri

Hold on everyone!!!!!! I think CharlieD will be letting us in the Pub until Cindi can make it. I am a GREAT handholder, Lynne. It will be good to catch up, ya know?

Hope Cindi left some directions as to where everything is. Come on, Cindi! Charlie can only do SO much, ya know???

I plan to be in the Pub until the Superbowl is over!! Hope I'm not alone!

Love to ALL you guys,

Kasey