Isn't It About Rally Round The Flagpole Time?

CharlieD

Hey I am on my way. My butt has gotten so big that I need someone to save TWO bar stools for me. Two glasses also please. I think I will have Baileys in my left hand and check out that rot gut with the other. Thank you Charlie.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Charlie. Your words are so true. Our loved ones would not want to see us this way. Some days the only thing that gets me thru is to think that if it were me up in Heaven looking down on Bill, it would make me so sad to see him this way. I don't want him to worry about me, so I'll be doing my best to put up a brave front. This reminder was just what I needed.

Much love to everyone.

CharlieD

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:30 pm Post subject:

Okay, Okay,

Snuk in the back door. Bar is open. Went to the creek and got ice. Juke box plugged in. Lotsa chocolate donuts, bud light and and rot gut. Got Baileys, virgin Bloody Marys (yuk), root beer, big orange and a flaming sumthin. That outta do it till Cindi gets a goin. Git R Dun.

CharlieD

4/07/04 dxd stage III/IV B NSCLC Adeno Carcinoma with malignant pleural effusion. 3.5cm mass on right lung with psbl mets to left lung. (Quit smoking 19 yrs ago.)

5/07/04 began chemo gemzar/carbo.

6/11/04 CT some shrinkage

7/23/04 CT Stable

8/27/04 Last Chemo. Three month break

9/03/04 CT Stable

12/02/04 CT Suspicious

12/14/04 Started Iressa

12/16/04 Stress Test showed heart blockage. Angioplasty sked 01/14/05

12/22/04 Off Iressa, started Tarceva (Resulting from manufacturer ltr)

1/01/05 Off Tarceva violent side effects

1/14/05 Angioplasty completed. Blockage fixed

Cat scan sked 1/20/05

1/22/05 CT results mstly stable. Possible increase in fluid in Pleural Effusion. Thoracentsis sked to analyze fluid

2/01/05 Chest Xray showed no free flowing fluid

Thoracentsis cnld. Start Alimta 2/10/05

3/09/05 CT Scan after 2nd Alimta Tmt. Results show mostly stable with areas of improvement. Hooray!!

4/14/05 Possible Brain MET. MRI of brain revealed only old scar. Empty Head

4/25/05 Cat Scan after 4th Alimta. Thirty percent shrinkage of main tumor and sig improvement elsewhere.

5/26/05 Sixth Alimta tmt. Cat scan sked 6/09/05.

6/9/05 CAT Scan Results: Stable

Three month Chemo Break. CAT Scan

CT 9/08/05 showed progression of disease in Rt and L lung. Slight increase in fluid in Pleural Effusion. Will begin Chemo Taxotere or Navelbine. Doc suggests 2 month wait and see due to no symptoms.

CAT Scan sked 11/14/05

11/14/05 CT results little to no progression. Stable. Clinical trial offered Zemplar with Gemzar.

12/06/05 Began Phase 1 Clinical Trial.12/27/05 Doc stopped clinical trial. 1/03/06 summoned to RPCI for exam due side effects.

Xrays promising. Cat Scan Sched 2/06/06 for final analysis of Trial.

Pic: "Trixie"

I'm way late to this party. Is there anything left for me to eat and drink?

I think we need to plan a real get-together. How about coming to Gatlinburg--there are the Smoky Mountains, Dollywood, great shopping, lots of wonderful scenery, and really great restaurants (with bars). It is centrally located. According to Hotwire this area is the 4th most affordable vacation in the country. I would be willing to host and help set things up. Just a thought.

Pour me one please, CharlieD.

Had to leave the pub for awhile and put my man to bed.

just can't drink those 7 & 7's like he used to. one cocktail in the pub and he is done. We are celebrating the fact

Alan's Granddaughter should be born in the next couple of weeks.

This is grandchild number 5, but the 1st in 10 years. I know there was a time after

his brain mets we were not sure Alan would be around to see Kristine A. Churchill,

but his stubborness is finally paying off in a very good way :lol: So the next round is on me :D:D

Well I have made it of the couch. Hold the light beer, I drank the stuff when I was overweight. It did not work I just drank more. Coors Light ~ talk about a double negative.

I'll sit near Geri, I do not remember drinking scotch, but I'll give it a try. A whole beer and shot of Jack Daniels for me to start and I'll see how it goes from there.

Hey~!!!

I been missing a PARTY! That is so not like me! friggin' computer!

Okay. There's seaweed in the icecubes! push over Charlie!

Addie's drink was a Transfusion. Joanie's is a Bailiey's ... sheesh!

All of our friends who went to heaven are invited to the party. If they were Alcoholics on earth, they can now party with us without the consequences! Let's tip some chairs for all to join us in a toast to all in the brave and valiant fights fought! No doubt there has been too much sadness. Thanks for helping us to dust ourselves off, Charlie, your timing is suberb!

I got the ice, I am going to sit here for awhile with my gal friends ('cluding Eppie) and start singin' pretty soon ... coyote style... Say, where is Sharon from down Under???

Cindi o'h hic!

Finally the "real" bartender showed up. The pub was getting a bit out of control and as you can see drinks were getting mixed up. Since Charlie did not like making my virgin marys (and since I am here on earth I must still practice my sobriety) I will switch to Odolus. I am waving my Terrible Towel and ready to party until Super Bowl ends with a Steelers victory :D:D

Hear hear Cindi, a toast to all those who have shown us true courage and bravery. For those who've fought hard, and continue to fight for us but now do so from a loftier position and a direct access to the ear of God. We miss you, but know we will meet again to continue this party with much rejoicing.

Until then, I will raise my glass at Cindi's pub. I am not picky, as long as its fruity and doesn't taste like alcohol, but makes me feel kind of funny when I try to stand, I'm doing ok.

Pat, Rockford is only about an hour from where I live. I'd love to come down and get together for a real drink and a real hug any time.

I'm coming too!!! Hope you all are still there - have been doing solo red wine therapy nightly and would LOVE some uplifting company!!

You are all so wonderful and soooooo brave!!!

You really made my day today when I needed it most - THANKS!! and here's to all of you and all the beautiful souls watching on - you're amazing!!

Nice of you to finally get your butt in here and open up Ms Cindi, things are really going from bad to worse!

Now that it's early in the day I'll have to switch to Vodka and Mountain Dew again, if this party goes past 5pm you'd best be sure to have the scotch ready....single malt if you have it (my husband guards his as I won't drink it without 7up - he thinks that's heresy!)

Welcome back to the cyber pub my friend, you were missed.

Geri

Okay....if we are all stayin' for the Super Bowl we will need some EATS :lol: ! I'm gettin' out the LCSC cookbook and seein' what I can rustle up! I think that crab dip of Geri's would be a great way to start! Then those meatballs of Ry's. Getting hungry already!

Cindi, now that you're back...I would LOVE to try one of those Transfusions. I have NO idea what it is, but I am sure game to give it a try!

Rah, rah!

Kasey