My son the Duke--OT

lilyjohn

I think I mentioned before that my son is in the Krewe of Hercules in Houma for Mardi Gras. This year he is the Duke on his float SNAFU and my granddaughte is his Godess. If you would like to see a picture of them go to the site below and click on Royal Court. Scroll down until you see Denis Duplantis Jr and his goddess Bridget. Aren't they a good looking pair? I am so proud :!:

www.kreweofhercules.com

Well Maryanne New Orleans is supposed to have a Mardi Gras but I don't think it will be very large for obvious reasons. On the other hand Houma is only about 65 miles southwest of New Orleans. Mardi Gras there has really grown in the past few years. I suspect that a lot of those who would normally have gone to New Orleans will go to Houma. My son's parade is the first of the year for Houma and also the largest of the 8 or 9 parades they will have. Last count they had close to 35 floats. When told they couldn't have more floats they just started making some of them super floats so they can carry more people.

I was really hoping to go for a visit during that time but it just hasn't worked out. I am planning on going in April if I can find out if and when I will be moving so I don't have that crosswise.