"Profitable "Poop parade"!

paddy

First a little history: My husband David was a very tall, rather shy“, teddy bear” of a man who, although he sometimes scared people with his serious expression, had a dry, and sometimes irreverent sense of humor.

Dave adored our little dog “Hobie”(pictured in the avatar); but, he didn’t adore the chore that, as we all know, comes with a dog, which he called “The Poop Parade”. He would have us all laughing as he jokingly muttered, complained and came out with the funniest comments while doing this job that no-one else wanted.

Now, about the ring: On the morning my husband passed away in the hospital, the nurse gave me his wedding band and I immediately put it on my right hand finger. During the next two days it was a great comfort to me. If I became, desperate or panicky, I would twist the ring around and around and think of David. On the second night however, when preparing for bed, I felt for the ring and found it missing. Tearfully I searched and searched to no avail. Late that night, completely exaughsted, I prepared go to bed without it, when suddenly, there it was immediately in my path by the side of the bed, although I had looked there many times.

The ring had been on my finger until, just before Christmas last year when I again realized it was missing. My daughter “Karen” and I had been shopping at the local mall. I remembered trying on gloves in one store and was convinced that I had lost it there, however we had been to so many stores and it could have fallen off almost anywhere. We did all the things you are supposed to do in a case like this but nothing was ever found and I eventually gave up the idea of ever getting it back. I convinced myself not to fret about it as, “it was only a symbol” and I still had all my memories.

Early this morning however, in my robe and winter coat and armed with a plastic bag, I followed my dog out into the yard, to attend to the proverbial “Poop parade”.As I turned to walk into the house I saw something that I thought I had missed. I turned back to pick it up, and a few inches beyond it, almost hidden in the grass, lay a broad gold band! I just couldn’t believe it, but there it was with our engraved initials and the date inside to prove it. I phoned Karen to tell her the good news and she thought it sooo appropriate that I should find her Dad’s ring while on the dreaded poop parade! I really don’t know what to think , except that I am so grateful to have the ring back, however I do wonder if “someone” is playing games with me!

Fond wishes to you all,

Paddy

My David passed away on the 5th of November 04. You will always be in my heart my love.

Paddy I have to tell you how much I understand. I have some praying hands that I wear all of the time on a chain. I have lost them several times and given up on ever seeing them again. Each time I found them either in a place they shouldn't have been or where I had looked dozens of times. I have always felt at those times like Johnny was using them to let me know that he is here and sees everything. I think your Dave is doing the same thing. Finding them while doing something he did that stands out so much in your mind points to that more than anything.

Enjoy your ring and know that Dave is watching over you.