Update on Mike Monday 2-6

shineladysue

It's Sunday, Feb. 5th and Mike came home yesterday. I am very beside myself this am. He is coughing as bad as ever. I'm not happy with the term the "new normal"... what does that mean and why. Okay, I'm venting.. We will be back to see the doc tomorrow if not sooner. Waaaaaaaaa........ We won't switch doctors. He has had this one for 5 years and he has given us 5 years to gain confidence in him, but this time he needs to do better or if he can't do better , he needs to explain better. Thank you guys. I'm really venting this morning , but as I write this the tears are falling and I feel like I'm going to burst wide open with frustration. Love you all. Keep the prayers coming that we can fix this..

Love,

Sue

Sue,

I am so sorry to hear that he still isn't improving. Here is the list of what Charlie was given for his cough:

Tessalon Pearles

Cough medicine

Prednisone

Allegra

Pain medicine (hydrocodone)

Antibiotics

An inhaler--can't remember the name of it right now.

He went for a couple of weeks without improving and then started slowly improving. Don't know if this helps you at all. I wish I could do something to help. I understand what you are feeling.

Tina,

Mike is on Prednisone, Tessalon Pearles, Tussinex Suspension, Zithromycin, Flovent inhaler, and Nebulizes with Xopenex+ mucomyst . In the hospital they put him on two different antibiotics.. codeine plus all the rest. His cough is non productive , but it sounds like stuff is down there. His case is a bit different in that he has a stent down in his trachea that may be blocking phlegm from coming up.. don't know.. hope that's not the case. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to share what Charlie is on and I'm so glad he is improved.

sue

It's Monday, Feb 6th... Took Mike back to the doctor.. to make a long story short... The doctor says that the cough, the slight fever and the sob are all consistent with disease progression. He says they will remain with him. There is also an ongoing infection that he is trying to treat. Currently he has him on Levaquin and Zithromycin.. He increased the dosages of some of his meds, added the xtra antibiotic and sent us over to get another chest xray. The only chance of doing chemo is if the infection clears and he gains strength. He's not a candidate for chemo now. The news doesn't sound very comforting does it? I'm trying to accept this and deal with it. I know I will , as many of you that have gone before us have done. Right now I don't feel like I can put one foot in front of the other. Please know that all of your prayers, well wishes, pms, email etc. have helped very much. I know that whatever we are going through , you all understand. Thank you. Love you.

Love,

Sue

((((((SUE))))

I continue in my prayers for you and Mike. I pray that his infection clears and chemo can be resumed. Prayers for healing and for that cough to lessen.

I know how hard it is to watch the person you love hurting, and you just want to do something to take it away. Vent all that frustration and bad feelings out with us anytime. We care and we love you. I wish I could put my arms around you and make your pain go away too.