Getting to Know You - February 8

Ann

this may sound weird, but I can't think of a point I'd go back to, if it meant erasing the stuff that's happened since then. sure, I'd like to redo some stuff, but I wouldn't want to miss some other stuff woven in there, too...

I would, however, just about kill to see my Aunt Pam one more time.

xoxo

bunny

This is a great question Ann, because like Bunny I am not sure I would want to stop it. I am too interested in the possiblities of tomorrow.

But to answer your question I would stop it Today, that way I could have everything that came before, all the good and bad which brought me to this point. Alan is still with me today, therefore, I choose today.

I really like being in my thirtys. Everything was good during those times. Joel working and was well, parents alive, kids in sports in school (went to all their games). They had their sleep over with their friends. Just fun times for me.

Maryanne :wink:

I would have to rewind to just after the time Dennis and I were married. Like others, there are things I would not want to have missed, so let me explain.

If I could go back to then, I could really rag Dennis about taking care of himself. I could have yelled and screamed and insisted that he get regular physicals and checkups, rather than just seeing the doctor when there was an emergency. I could have begged and pleaded, never ceasing, about throwing away the cigarettes. I could have encouraged him to pass on the fast foods and eat a healthier diet. Maybe, all of these things combined would have meant he would not have died of cancer at the age of 50?

I'd like to go back for a day, knowing what I know now, and have a conversation with my dad.

Otherwise, I agree with the 'live for the future' group. I really do think that right now is the best time of my life...despite all the blah-blah-blah that goes on. I hope I'll still feel the same way in 10 years.

I would also like that 'edit' button, though. Oh, to be able to take back some of the things I've said and done. :oops:

:) Kelly

I'd rewind to 1985. I was in college and having the time of my life. My daughter has been coached; this will be the period in her life she will enjoy the most. I hope I've made enough provisions to afford the college experience of her choice. If not, I'm not above a second mortgage :cry: .

Prior to my Dad, there was no history of cancer anywhere in my family for at least 3 generations. My grandmothers are still alive, my grandfathers passed away in the last 5 yrs of non-cancer related complications and they were well into their 80's and smokers. I don't have any regrets and I don't think I could go back and fix things for my Dad. Our cancer free family history demonstrates cancer is completely random.

So take me back to a time I was having fun!