Getting To Know You - February 09

Ann

I love taking my time in the supermarket. I'm really bad...no, make that terrible, about making a list before I go grocery shopping. I seem to just wander from aisle to aisle and if I see something, I grab it. In addition, I am always getting caught without something I need to finish a meal and running out to pick up a thing or two. I'm so glad my favorite supermarket is very close my house.

As little as possible, I hate all types of shopping and grocery shopping is tops on my list. :evil: Alan used to do that before he was DX, now I do it. :roll:

I have one major shopping day and stock up, I do this as quickly as possible. Then always have to go a couple more times for milk Ect.

I love to go buy a big order of groceries and not have to go back again. Not only do I seem to get more of what I need but get it for a lot less money when I have time to go to the store I like.

Unfortunately the way I have been working I seldom have the time to go. I end up stopping on my way home rushing to get home before dark. I am always out of things and it costs me a lot more than if I had time to go buy everything at once.

Put me among the ones that hate to grocery shop. I try to plan my trips around sale ads, make a list and buy most at one time . I always buy twice as much as what I have on my list.. :? I then find myself there for fresh Milk and bread in between. The next thing I despise is cooking the food, but I love to eat.. too much.. :( Too much information..

sue

It seems as if I am always making a quick trip to the grocery store.

Although this morning I had to take the kids to McDonalds for breakfast because I forgot we were out of cereal. Luckily, both McDonalds and the store are a block away. I can't imagine living where you had to make a weekly trip to the store and what you forgot you had to do without. I guess I would have to start planning MUCH better.

We make it a family event--every Sunday after church. Of course, I am not so organized that I don't make the occasional mid-week trip.

My in-laws all live 20 minutes from everything. They don't understand why I like to live in the middle of everything, but I, too, have a grocery store, a McDonalds, AND a Wal-Mart less than 5 minutes from my house. I'd be lost without all of that.

:) Kelly

Only thing worse than shopping for groceries is putting them away.

I spend as little time as I can in the store. No list, just cruise the aisles and usually get everything I need.

Once a week is more than enough but surpise myself sometimes how long we can live out of the pantry and freezer.

Geri

When I retired 13 years ago, I took on the grocery shopping chore. Since Lucie and I eat out a lot and I don't cook (she retired from cooking), I shop as needed. So I am not in the store very long at any given time. I try to keep fresh fruits in the house for both our healths. Don

I spend way way too much time and money there. I love to grocery shop. I do mine as well as Moms shopping and in fact I am in the process of trying to start up some kind of personalshopper/assitant type thing. I spent 2 hours there yesterday for mom reading labels, and looking for new better healthy things for her. SHe is a big junk food,processed food eater. I know how hard this will be on her so i am trying to come up with new ideas for her. Living alone and not cooking does not leave her many options. I like to shop in the middle of the night too. Ive tried buying her things and mine at the same time and its too much of a pain in the you know what, so that means another trip. I am there probably every other day for sure, always need something, Bagged ice is another thing Mom likes and of course the kind they sell at the grocery store is best. Good thing i enjoy it. I like the coupon clipping thing too.

Kim

I'm a weekly shopper and try hard not to have to run in the store during the week for other items. I hate shopping. I usually cook 2 or 3 meals a week, my hubby cooks 2 meals and we scrounge or have left-overs for the other meals. No guilt now that the kids aren't usually home.

gail p-m

I'm one who buy's as needed but now with the loss of my Wife breakfast is about all i seem to want to eat.I'm alot like Ann in that when i do go to the Store i tend to wander all over the place and buy far to much spontanious item's and end up having to go back later for thing's i forgot i needed....