Updated - Results From CT

luvmydog2

I got the results from CT done on 1-26. Results show a 3 1/2 cm nodule in my lung. Could be anything from scar tissue to pneumonia. i ask my Onc if it could be a tumor and he said possible. Have been getting CT every 6 months but will change to 3 months now. As you all know, those scary thoughts got the best of me for a while.

Snowflake.... I need to borrow your flashlight and ballbat for a while. I need to run the varmits off. I will meet you at Cindi's Pub. Frank, bring us some choclate doughnuts.

Hi Bruce,

I am sorry about your latest CT. Please try not to stress out too much on it as it could be scar tissue of pnemumonia. That happens so much.

I am sorry that you have to go through this uncertainty as that is thw worse part, the not knowing.

Praying for you to get good results.

Maryanne

Bruce,hoping it is scar tissue or something not bad.I will bring the chocolate donuts for sure.I swear if the big C don't git us the damn scans will be the death of us.They (scans) have a way of messing with our minds that sometimes the only thing to correct them is a big tall cold beer and a donut.

Bruce

Just a quick note to say these things realy can be NOTHING. Moms ctscan 3months ago showed something not normal an area of density of i remember correctly. Of course we got the usual wait 3 months a we will look again. well we did and they did look again only this time there was nothin to look at, it all went away. So maybe radiation,maybe scar tissue, they dont know onl tha its gone. So mom continued her relationship with NED. Think positive.

In my prayers,

Kim

My Onc did say it could be scar tissue. What bothers me now is he said I had a small nodule. I am sure he said 3 cm but that is not small. 3 mm would be small. I do see pulmonary doctor Wednesday and I have to takle films to him so I will get a copy of report to clarify this. I don't know if Onc said cm and meant mm or if I heard wrong but he did say small. Also gave his opinion as to a light touch of pneumonia. He gave me antibotic to take. If indeed the report says cm then I will push for more tests. 3 cm is approx 1 inch.

Prayers that the nodule is simply scar tissue. You might want to ask for a copy of you ct scan report each time that you have a scan. That way you will be able to look at the report(s) in the comfort of your own home to compare the size of a nodule from one scan to another.

Prayers

Instead of waiting around till Wednesday I went to hospitol and got copy of my CT and report. The films are on CD now instead of film.

The report reads...

Additionally, there is a very small 2 to 3 mm nodule in the lateral aspect of the right lung base which was not present at the time of the prior examination of 14 July 2005. A small nodule could represent sequelae of prior granulomatous disease. Follow-up CT recommended to assure stability. The vague opacity in the anterior segment of the right

upper lobe could represent atelectasis versus infiltrate. Again, follow-up CT of the chest recommended to assure resolution.

Not sure if this is good or bad but I am relieved that it was not 3 cm.