I have been training for the next winter olympics!!!

cindi o'h

Hello all.

Thought it is time for an update on how miss Cindi is doing.

I wasn't able to qualify for Winter Olympics 2006. Now that doesn't mean that I haven't been training hard, because I absolutely have been.

My sport is, of course, The Luge.

I awaken early and get down a hearty breakfast and while

skipping perhaps a shower and even a teeth brushing, I make my way to the couch where I get in position.

Lie flat, toes pointed, arms at side, head straight. Every now and then I rearrange things to one side or another, but mostly I am ready for speed. I didn't enter for this year's olympics, but I know that with the amount of training that I have been doing, I could absolutely become the world's greatest loooger at the next games! :P

Actually, had a pet/ct today and a meeting with the doc at the end of the month for results.

I have been feeling the best that I have in about two years this past week and I plan to get in at least one day of fishing this winter... looking like this week will be a good one to get up north. Maybe up to Lake of the Woods on the Mn./Canadian border for walleyes.

I think I found a doc who is helping getting my pulm and heart meds straightened out and working together for the good of the luger. (me.)

Any other lugers out there? Anyone I have to be aware of as far as competition is concerned? I am good! Just hoping there is no one better!

Anyone else into the Olympics?

Georg Hakel, bronze medalist in the luge from Germany was fun to watch with all of his twitchings going on and his home made sled. And then there was Minnesota's own Tony Benshoof from White Bear Lake, who came in a solid fourth by .002 seconds.

With enough training, I know I can beat them both! Sound the horns!! TO THE COUCH!!!

love, Cindi o'h

Hee Hee Hee

Cindi I just love you! You always seem to instinctively know when I need a smile and never fail to deliver.

I now have a mental picture of you couch looging in 2010. Now I don't know the proper equipment for getting the gold, but in my mind I'm picturing something in a brown plaid. :lol:

Cindi,

I was just watching the pairs skating on the Olympics. The American pair that just skated included a Lung Cancer Survivor. The woman, who could not be over 30 years old, had lung cancer in 1998 and underwent surgery and chemo and is cancer free. Her Father passed away from Lung Cancer in 1996. I thought of you, maybe you can make it to the winter games in 2010. I will be there to cheer you on for sure!

Glad you are feeling well!! I hope you catch some fish this week. It is suppose to be pretty cold out this weekend so dress warm and have fun.

Denise

Cindi, oh Cindi. I haven't laughed much in a while and the picture of you on the couch with your toes pointed and arms at your side really got to me. Best of luck in 2010.

I didn't know about the American Pair skater that had lung cancer. I missed her skate. What an example for the world.

Nina

Miss Cindi.....when you make it to the Olympics you'll have the biggest cheer circle rootin' ya on. We'll all have to color coordinate our outfits, of course.

Guess I better start shopping for that brown plaid now. Always looking for a good reason to go shopping.

So happy to hear you're feeling so good Cindi.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning ya crazy girl.

Oh Cindi, your the first ever to win the gold for Lugeing Couch Potato... :D

I am glad that the docs are straigtening our your meds.

Miss you girl, I hope your puter is over being sick.

Glad to hear you are at least thinking about Fly Fishing. Hope you go.

Maryanne :wink:

Cindi,

That is where I find you, getting ready for

the next Olympic, nothing gets in your way.

We have to chose good colors for the suit,

color is important as you will go so fast

that all we will see is a blur or colors

going for the gold.

Hope for good results for your tests.

Love

Jackie

Only you!!! You so crack me up sometimes. But it is SO GOOD to hear your spirit shouting through. You are a awesome inspiration to us all. Hope you catch the "big one" or is that not a big thing for walleyes like it is for bass here in Texas?

Love ya

Kim

PS. I am very very very glad to hear you are feeling well and beleive it or not so is Mom, a complet new woman this last 3 weeks!! Must be in the air.