newcomer bcravens -- wife has lung cancer

bcravens

My wife was diagnosed with LC last August 05. Had 27 nodules and tumor. Started with Carboplayten and Taxol then added Avastin. First CT after 2.5 months showed 25 noules went away and tumor was less dense. Then she had an alergice reaction to Carboplayten and went to just Taxol and Avastin. Next CT showed no progress but no worse either. Now her Oncologist has switched to Alimta and Avastin. Will wait for about 2 months to have another CT.

Thanks for the quick replys. I will try to give more info. Wife is 54 and in good health except for NSCLC. Did get pneumonia in Dec and was in hospital for her birthday 12/23 and Christmas and is ok now. New chemo Alimta and Avastin is once every three weeks so she feels good for 2 weeks. She is stage IV.

Welcome! Our stories are similar. My wife has Stage IV nsclc. Take heart. She is over three years from her original diagnosis. She originally had carboplatin and taxotere; then Navelbine; then Gemzar/Navelbine, which kept things steady; and she is presently on Alimta. Glad you found this place -- good support and info. Don

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. But I hope that you can find some support, comfort and hope here with us.

My husband is also currently undergoing treatment with Alimta. We will get his first scan from it next week, and are hoping for good things.

I will keep you and your wife in our prayers for good results from this Alimta too.

God Bless

Carleen

Welcome to this site. Sorry that you have to be here, but this is the place to be for the support that you will need to fight the battle against lung cancer. My prayers for you and your wife.

Prayers

Hello and welcome here.

So sorry to here the diagnosis of your wife. But they seem to be doing right treatments. The shrinkage is excellent.

I wish her luck with the Altima.

We are always here, keep us posted on her progress.

Maryanne

I am sorry to hear about your wife but wanted to say welcome to our little family. You will find loads of info here. Whatever you are feeling at the time, someone here has traveled in your shoes. Stay with us and keep us informed of her progress while we travel this road together. We will cry with you or laugh with you. Just let us know what your needs are. The best advice I can offer you is to take it one day at a time and don't read between the lines. No need to borrow trouble. Again, Welcome.