Getting to Know You - Valentines Edition

Ann

Two years ago, Andy graduated Basic Training on the 13th.... and I went to the graduation and saw him for the first time after basic training. The first thing I thought when I saw him was, "He needs sunshine. And food." He'd been really sick while he was there and lost a lot of weight, so he was pale as well as skinny. And of course after the graduation there was a lot of hugging and kissing and mushy stuff. He only had a few hours before we had to say goodbye again. That was hard.

But it was a very good pre-valentine present to get to see my love. And he gave me a card. :)

I believe today will be my most memorable Valentines Day. Last year Alan was in the hospital in a full blown steriod induced pyschosis. He barely knew who I was :(

This morning however, he woke up with a big smile on his face, called me the love of his life and looked at me with those blue eyes that still make me melt.

:oops:

In addition, we should hear news sometime today of the arrival of our GrandDaughter.Labor was induced yesterday and we are just waiting details :P

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Well Debbie, I would say a grandbaby is definetly a memorable gift!! How wonderful.... Best of luck.

I had many, but like Debbie Joel was on the mend last year. He managed to get me some beautiful cards.

Today I work up with cards around me and a Lenox box. I collect lenox white kitties. This one was adorable a kittie holding a heart that says "I love you". so cute... like my hunny!! :mrgreen:

Everyone have a wonderful day. :D

Maryanne :wink::wink::wink:

today.....when i came home with an orchid ( to replace the one I killed) and a box of chocolate.

Hubs said," But Darling you never do Valentines" He took a pic of me to preserve the memory.

I know it is bad but it is true.

I don;t normally do Valentines.

Eppie

Most memorable for me was three years ago - our first married Valentine's and I got Mark absolutely nothing. I had completely forgotten about the holiday when I went in for surgery and didn't even have a card for him...but when he brought me roses, the love was all over his face.

...then again, I was in Ambien withdrawals - ask me about my dreams.... :roll: Might not have been love, coulda been indigestion...