I'm trying to be here for all of you

SBeth

Some days...most days...I just don't want to get out of bed. I know that I'm really no different than the many many ahead of me on this journey and those just behind me, but I feel so hopeless and weak. I log on every day and try to keep up with all the updates and news. I just want to let everyone know that I still pray for and think of all of you daily and I hope to gradually get back to being a supportive member of this family again. I just cannot believe how difficult and painful and real this grief feels.

All my love to everyone!

Baby steps, Beth. Right now, lean and we'll support you.

Others may have been before you on the journey but your own grief is far more personal and taking the journey is different than viewing someone else's. Do what feels right for you, most importantly, make yourself get up every morning. Keep moving...

Love to you,

Becky

Beth, you are in my prayers. I log on everyday too, but many times don't have any input. Take one day at a time. Take care of yourself, and put that priority

first. Every day is a struggle, and takes enormous energy. :cry: I have no words to offer you except..one day at a time, nothing is ever the same again, treasure your memories..because in the end that's all we really have. I'm holding you close to my heart..I think I know your pain. You were a wonderful loving wife to your husband. Be thankful for those memories. God bless, write me anytime, Nancy

I know it stinks, Beth - especially on a special day like today. I've been down in that pit today myself.

Just do what you can, when you can, and when you feel like it. Nobody here expects more from you than that. Try not to feel forced, guilty, pushed, pressured or convinced that you should be doing anything more than what you are doing - getting "through" the grief the best way that you can find to get through it. Everybody is different, and everbody deals with grief differently. However you are feeling is ok. It's just ok.

Like Becky said, take baby steps, and it's very, very important that you do get out of bed and try to keep as busy as possible. Also, take lots of deep breaths, and as silly as it sounds, practice smiling. Seriously, practice being happy again. You don't have to "be" happy, just practice being happy. Do it when nobody's watching. There is sunshine ahead, Beth, there really is.

Do you have a puppy? If not, get one! Get a young, cute, cuddly, soft, playful puppy. Get one thats ornery and mischievious and will take a lot of your time cleaning up messes and will need lots of scolding for chewing up your stuff. LOL! Go for it! It's just stuff.

How are the kids doing? Write soon.

TONS OF LOVE FOR YOU,

Peggy

Beth,

I am praying for you during this difficult time. I can't even imagine how difficult each day really is for you. Just take it one day at a time. We all want what is best for you and right now, you need to take care of you. When the time is right for you, you will be back here helping everyone that you can. We understand that you are having a rough time right now, so we are here to support you. I will continue to pray for you and I hope that you will keep us posted on how you are doing.

Kim

Everyone is so right Beth. We all do it differently. But in repeating what others have said, do get up every morning, do practice smiling and even laughing and do, absolutely, keep busy.

It will be 1 1/2 years for me on Sat. I have a full and fun life now, but I still cry and feel like my heart is breaking, I keep wishing he would walk through the front door. But, Beth, it is easier and I know that so many have walked this path before me and I saw that they returned to life and laughter.

Don't feel guilty about how you feel or whether you post here - not important. It is important that you begin to see little steps forward. If not, please consider some help.

I remember all my sorority sisters every night in my prayers.

3 Weeks For Me and Started Valentines Day with a trip to the cemetary To see deb. 16th Would Be our 9th anniversary. Everyone here is right on and have helped me a lot. This is the A most difficult Time for all of us I think But You Are doing the right things right now. don't keep your grief bottled up, let it out. Many prayers for you from under the Carolina Blue Skies this Morning.

First of all take care of yourself Beth. We all know what you are going through right now. When one member hurts, we all hurt. Take care of yourself and make yourself do things. Just put one foot in front of you and like Becky said take baby steps. Before long you can take childhood steps and then adult steps.

Secondly, we all know that you care about us. Your posts have shown that many times over. Let us worry about you right now. Let us support you and get you back where you are strong again. Post as you feel like it but do let someone know how you are. If you don't feel like coming here, e-mail one of us and we can post your progress. Now look up and :)

I am praying for you and Bill and your family. Grief is so painful. One thing I learned is that you must go thru it, confront it and let the tears come. Eventually you go on to the other levels, but it takes time.Do this at your own pace. In the meantime remember we are all here for you. Please email or pm me anytime you want to talk. Love,

Joanie ((()))

Dear Beth,

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. My Mom is having a hard time also. I'm just trying to keep her busy. I encourage her to accept any and all invitation offered to her, even if she doesn't feel like doing them. She is trying to find a balance between letting herself feel the grief, and pushing herself on with life. I'm sure there are days when she just wishes I would just go away. :wink:

Keep pushing yourself Beth, Bill would want you to move through the grief and on to enjoying life. Enjoy those wonderful boys of yours!

We are always here for you,

Denise

We know you do. Your concern has always echoed through out LCSC on the days it hasn't rang right out loud. But to truly help you have to come from a position of strength. And you need all of yours right now to do internal healing. Not just for you but for your own family. You are missed, and I am comforted to know that folks like you and Ginney DeCoursey still care enough to help with the fight.

Beth,

Just try, and try again, to smile, to keep busy

even doing nothing, just try.

After 28 months for me, some days are so hard

to face, but others are easier.

We have to do it the best way we can, nobody

can react the same way or feel the same way.

But all is in the trying to survive and face

life again anyway that will be good for you.

Hugs

Jackie