Joel Mittman

Joelswife

Joel Mittman

February 9, 1940 – February 8, 2006

Joel Mittman, 65, of Belleaire Drive, Palm Coast, devoted husband of Pamela (Averill), passed away at his home on Wednesday, February 8th after a courageous battle with lung cancer. He was born in Brooklyn New York on February 9, 1940, son of Max and Ellen (Feinstein) Mittman. He was married to Pamela in Denver, Colorado on June 3, 1986.

Joel was a longtime insurance agent in New York and from 1978 to 2000 in Denver and Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was an active member of Pine Lakes Country Club and was enjoying retirement in Florida since 2000. He was a former member of Rotary Club and Independent Insurance Agents Association in Colorado.

Joel had a great sense of humor, doted on his dogs, never met a stranger, traveled the world, and loved his family—especially his grandsons. He loved golf and in his words, was on the verge of mediocrity at his game.

In addition to his wife, Pam, he will be sadly missed by his son, Jeffrey L. Locke and his wife Valeria of San Antonio, Texas; and his daughter Tracy R Delucca and her husband Michael of Long Beach, California; his mother, Ellen Mittman of Brooklyn; and sister, Sheila Gloekler of Las Vegas, Nevada; two grandchildren, Nicholas and Anthony Delucca. Joel was preceded in death by his father, Max Mittman and his son, Darren Mittman.

Coastal Cremation will handle arrangements and the family will have a private ceremony at a later date, scattering Joel’s ashes in Puerto Vallarta, a place Pam and Joel often visited, and which holds many fond memories.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joel’s memory will be graciously accepted at Flagler County Humane Society, 1 Shelter Drive, Palm Coast FL 32137.

[/img]

Pamela,

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain and grief you are feeling right now, but I pray that God hold you and your family close in his loving arms and bring you comfort. I know there are no word I can say that are adequate or will ease your pain, but please know you are in my prayers.

• 2 weeks later...