Starting A Boston Walk/Run for Lung Cancer This Fall...

dadstimeon

Good Day All,

Geri And I Are Starting A Boston Walk/Run For Lung Cancer This Fall. We Are Looking To Start A Committee To Get The Ball Rolling. Anyone Interested Please Feel Free To PM Geri Or Myself Anytime. Also If Anyone Has Any Suggestions, Ideas, Point Us In The Right Direction Etc We Would Be More Then Grateful To Hear About Them. We Are Both Very Excited About This And Are Looking Forward To Getting Together To Make This Happen For A Great Cause.

Thank You And Have A Nice Day, Rich

Where will you walk, on the Charles, at the Aboretum, Beacon Steet? Up on the hill ( capital) or how about the Boston Gardens, I haven't been there in years. When? If I know several months ahead maybe I can fly back east , walk , and visit the family. Let me know. Family live in Foxboro and Franklin now. Donna

Donna--So far possible sites are Castle Island, Boston Common, Boston Garden, Charles River. We are shooting for October/November. We are just starting to get our feet wet with this, it's new territory for the both of us and we are hopeing more will come on board with us. Will keep you posted. Thanks Rich

Donna, that would be great if you can come "home" for the walk/run I'm sure your family would be pleased too.

We are so excited to be getting this going, a challenge for the next few months that will certainly keep Rich and I off the streets!!

Hope we meet you in the fall.

Geri

This is really a great thing you are doing. If there is something I can do from afar here--let me know. If you've never been to one of these walks, I would suggest going to one (for any cause) just to see how they are set up. Roseanne does a great job on the Michigan walk and I am sure she'd help you.

Geri--not sure this will keep Rich off the streets but nice try. :lol:

I am in VERY IN for this!! I can get my whole family to walk for this too as well as friends. I have wanted to start a walk for a while but have gotten sidetrack so I am super glad you are doing this. Honestly let me know what you need me to do I am in!! Now this was the problem I always had with walks and the November thought. It can be quite cold as you know and also it is New England it could be 80's all November or snowing and blizzards WHO KNOWS!! I know there are a lot of walks in the warm weather but I bet we would get a bigger response. BUT I totally understand a fall walk as well. We should maybe start contacting the mayor’s office for all the details they want and or permits we will need and our local reps/sen. to get the ball rolling???