First PET scan results

heffa47

Overall I would say the news is good. The results of the first PET scan showed that the spread is limited to the large tumor in the upper left lobe, the lymph nodes at center line of chest and an attachment to the left chest wall. There is no sign of any METS in the brain, liver or adrenal.

Surgery is not an option due to the location of the large tumor and the attachment to the chest wall. The plan is to start chemo and radiation in the next couple of days. We will be using Taxol and Carboplatin plus an unnamed white blood cell booster.

I still don't know what all this information boils down to for staging, IIIb? Either way I would appreciate any input on what we might expect in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff

No mets is a gtood thing! Remember to celebrate the good things.

Mom was not given the option of surgery, either. At first we thought this meant there was no hope for her. She just passed the one-year mark 10 days ago, and is doing great. She is on O2 24/7, but she still enjoyes volunteering daily at her grandkids' school, makes it to church every Sunday, and all the fun family gatherings. She is even planning a trip to Cabo in May!

My point is, there is a lot of hope. 12 months ago they told us she had 12 months to live. We've had some rough times in there, but overall they've been a great 12 months. We are looking forward to the next 12 now!

Keep us posted.

:) Kelly