I'm a mess.

(((Lori))) I understand how you are feeling. Your mom sounds a lot like my mom did when she was in rehab. Is she eating well? and drinking well? One of the things I still wonder about is if we had gotten mom a feeding tube would she had gotten her strength back. I also agree with Katie talk with your MIL's family if you haven't already. Sometimes people are busy in their own little worlds and don't realize there help is needed till their asked. Prayers for your mom and you. hug.gif

Dear Lori,

I am sorry for all this angish and confusion. I don't have any answers just that you are a blessing to her. You have done so much to help her when things were so out of wack.

I don't know about the surgery, what does the doctor say about it. Does he really think that it will help her.

Its all in G-ds hands.

I am sorry sweetie for all this uncertainty, it has to be so frustrating expecially to watch your mom deteriorate like this.

I will continue to send prayers to her and you.

Maryanne

Mom's neurosurgeon said that average life expectancy after this is 1 year. He thinks that the reason mom was not making progress in rehab is bc of these two tumors he is removing. Maybe they are causing the confusion this week bc they are growing every day I guess.

John's family knows exactly what is going on, but do not care. His one sister was helping out on the weekends with cleaning (we paid her 20.00 an hour), but she is pissed at us right now bc I asked her if took medicine from our house (she is a drug addict) and so now she won't speak to us-good riddance, although now John says I am splitting up his family.

It is tooooooooooooo much. I will feel better once I get to see mom today, which will be around 4pm-yippee!!

Thank you everyone for responding to my little personal emergency-it made me feel so not alone. I love you guys...

Hi Lori,

Don't ask me to get started on the SF of yours. And his sister getting 20.00 an hours, shame on her. So glad you got rid of her.

Just curious to know what has been going on with your brother through all of his. Has he been there for you mom, or still estranged. I hope he come to his senses.

Thinking of you honey, and hoping your visit with your mom was better today.

Maryanne :wink:

Mom was considerably better today, much more awake and with it. She is not getting out of bed for meals and going to the bathroom, but she is going to therapy.

(Maryanne, I wasn't talking about SF's sisiter-it is John's sister.)

My brother is still distant. he is doing his own thing, and he may be the only sane one around us all! He stops by to see mom I guess about every 3rd day or so.

We got to visit with mom and the boys had ice cream from the ice cream parlor. Mom wanted us out to watch the Olympics-it was nice and normal : )

G'nite to all..

I know it has been forever since I posted Lori, but I have thought of you often over the months (along with so many others here) and I am so sorry to hear of your mom's didease progression. I have been so wrapped up in my family that i expect to come in here and everything be the same. I am so sorry for your broken heart and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Kim

oh, honey, do I know how you feel. mom facing major, life-threatening stuff, decision making, other family members flipping out a creating drama unrelated to LC, etc. etc. it's all too much. it's "life", I suppose, but sometimes it's just too much.

I have people in my life who say "god never gives us more than we an handle". I'm no so sure about this. I think sometimes the WORLD gives us way more than we can handle, and god is where we turn to get through. along with god-given help like this place, and the other supportive people in our lives that our so few and far between, but so vitally important.

anyway, I just wanted to say I hear you, and I wish I could take some of it for you.

xoxo

bunny