CALLING ALL LC SURVIVORS!!!

Connie B

WAY TO GO DOUG!!! :D:D:D That is fantastic, wonderful, awesome NEWS!!! I'm glad your amoung the Survivors. :wink: As one of my dear Survivor Friend use to say: It's Another Great Day To be Alive!!! I hope your going to Celebrate. Clink Clink Lets Drink to 4 wonderful years!!!!

• 1 month later...

I am surviving this dreaded illness, hopefully as long as some of you I have read about. It gives me much hope. I'm so glad to have found you. The fear sometimes gets me down, but reading some of your stories has uplifted me! When my Doctor found [activity] in this last CT scan I was devistated. Now the Tarcerva has me feeling so blue with these outbreaks on my head and face, and in my ears! But I know it is working if this rash indicates anything.

I had the right center section of lung removed in Dec 2006. Then went on to have 4 sessions of carbo/taxol. Had PET scan May 13th and it came back normal. I'm on a 3 month watch now. It has been such an experience that no know can understand unless you've been there and done that, I will live with the thought of hoping that it doesn't come back for I don't know how long but know that I will try my best to enjoy each and every day. This is a great site and I look forward to reading what others have to say. Bless all of you.

Donna

Hi Donna and welcome to the board none of us really want's to be at! :roll: So glad to hear your doing well.

I totally understand your feelings of been there done that. Not to mention the feeling of wondering over and over and over, will it come back? or Is this the cancer again? Every little ouch and pain we automaticly think, it's the cancer back. :shock::roll: All very normal feelings and thoughts. I still have those thoughts now and then myself, but I will tell you as time goes on those thoughts aren't so overwhelming.

I hope you'll stay with us and will feel comfortable sharing your ups and downs along your journey. We're here to walk the walk with you.

Guest Kaylei

I am celebrating my one-year anniversary as a Stage IV LC survivor. Last May 24th I went to the emergency room with what I thought were stroke-like symptoms. Told on May 26th it was lung cancer. Told it was hopeless by one "doctor". Fired him and proved him wrong.

Then found incredible team of doctors.

So many times there is hope!

For so many things, I am eternally grateful and I look forward to many more anniversaries to celebrate!

Hey Kaylei,

WOW, this is just GREAT NEWS TO HEAR!! :D First I want to say, I am so GLAD you fired your first opinion and found a group of doc's that believe in life after being dx.d with LC. :wink: AWESOME!

Congratulations on your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Way to GO!

I have a good friend who also is a Stage IV LC Survivor and she has been NED for 7 years now. This stuff can be beat. Keep on Keepin on! :wink:

I am thankful to have found this web site. I am one year out from having my upper left lobe removed. I am still very sore and wonder if this pain will ever get better. However, I must say that I had breast cancer at age 37, opted for lumpectomy and 30 radiation treatments. I had 25 radition treatments and 5 weeks of chemo prior to lunt surgery, with 3 more rounds of chemo after surgery, needless to say my left side has been very abused.

It's great to have a web site that gives you hope instead of the low survivor percentages for lung cancer.

Welcome Deb! Sorry you had the need to find us, but I am glad we can be here for you.

WOW, you've have your share of road work done, I can relate to that! :roll::wink: I call it road work because my chest looks like a road map hit it.

BUT, I'm still here and still kickin!

With all that you have had done, it may take a while for you to heal, if you heal even 85%. I still have discomfort in my lung incision and I have some discomfort in my front chest after going through three heart surgiers. But, to be totally honest with you, it's nothing I haven't learned to live with. Some days are a little worse then others, but for the overall I do fine.

It did take me about 2 years after my lung surgery to really feel human again. Hope you'll heal up real soon.

Congratulations on your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! GOOD JOB!! I hope you'll stay with us and offer some hope and support to others, as well as get some hope and support for yourself.

Hi, my name is Terry Durham from TN and I am a lung cancer survivor. diagnosed Nov.06 12 treatments: Carbo/Gemzar with Zometa Had mets to femur, illium and humerus. Small nodule in lung and 6 lymph nodes. As of PET scan May 14,07 am completely cancer free. Also using nutrition thru supplementation and sound therapy with Dr. Mitch Gaynor Oncologist in New York. Will start taking Tarceva with IV Vitamin C for 9 weeks.( vitamin C)

I am a survivor and want to encourage anyone newly diagnosed to stay positive, research all options including alternative therapy along with conventional and BELIEVE YOU ARE A SURVIVOR!

• 1 month later...

Lung Cancer survivor here in D/FW area of No. Texas.

Originally dx with breast cancer July 1988, had lumpectomy and 12 weeks radiation.

Next, broncoavenlor (sp??) dx in Aug. 1992, surgery on right lobe and maligancies found in top and middle lobe, area cut out on lower lobe was benign.

Skip to 1999, when the same LC was dx in left lung; maligancies found in upper and lower lobes, surgically removed (as previously) on right lung. This cancer's nick-name is "Pop-Up" cancer..supposed to pop-up in 2 years, not 7!

Now 2007 and this week diagnosed with LC left side stage 1b 3.7cm x 1.7cm. Noticed on lung x-ray, CT Scan and then it lights up on PET Scan this week. No longer a candidate for lung surgery but I am pushing for it. Some concern if I can survive the surgery and what QOF I will have and how I can breathe post-op.

Think good thoughts and all the best to you out there in cyberspace.

I just want to take a minute and WELCOME our newest LC Survivors, Terry and Gail. Glad you found us and I'm very happy to hear your both survivors.

We're here for you if you ever need and ear or an eye.

I wish you both continued good health. Hope you'll share with us and offer some support to other new members.

• 3 weeks later...

I was diagnosed last year in late July, so it's been 13 months since then. I've had it all, radiation, chemo and I'm about to have surgery. I have no new tumors since the first were discovered in my lung, bones and brain. All but the lung have been radiated out. As of my last scan, the lung is the only one left so they're going out on a limb and putting me into surgery to get it out--very rare!

Congratulations to all lung cancer survivors. It's the scariest thing in the world to hear, "you have lung cancer". And even scarier to find out it's stage 4.

I wish there were more stage 4 survivors!!

I quit smoking 21 years ago. I was 58 at diagnosis.

Most of you know that I am still here but never posted to this thread. I just forgot to do it. Anyway I am 4 1/2 years since surgery and 4 years since any treatment. My oncologist dismissed me. I love all of you and want to congratulate all of the other LC survivors. Connie does a wonderful job.

Nina

Welcome Katalina,

So sorry you had to need to find us, but I'm so glad you did. WELCOME!!

Doing Surgery are you? WOW, rear indeed, but good for you. Sounds like you all has been going very well for you. We do have a few stage IV LC Survivors on the board. I also know of a couple other Stage IV LC Survivors in my In Person Lung Cancer Support Group. One of them is a 7 year Stage IV LC Survivor and she is doing very well today.

Please take a minute to let us know how your doing after surgery. I keep my eyes open and try to welcome all our new LC Survivors, but sometimes I miss one or two, but I tend to catch up to them all one time or another.

Take care and Stay positive with your surgery. I had surgery and chemo and radiation as well. See my profile below.

Best wishes and I'll see you when you get back!

• 1 month later...

I 'm so sorry I have been away. Was keeping up contact with family and friends, especially my 5 grandkids. I find it takes me longer to do things now....just slower.

To all the wonderful people who have been praying, the day of my second chemo, MY COUGH AND PAIN WENT AWAY!!!

Thank you Jesus and to all of you too.

I'm in my second stage of chemo, developed RLS (Restless Leg Syndrom) that keeps you from getting a good - night sleep. Dr. prescribed BENADRYL. Hope tonight is better. :)

Hugs and God's blessings to each and every one of you from this wonderful support site. I really can't be away from you too long. You're now part of my salvation to a healthy CANCER FREE body.

Well the surgery was 6 weeks ago. I think I'm recovering fine, there isn't any pain anymore and I can get around OK. My only problem is extreme fatigue. I hope that's from the surgery. The surgeon told me he saw healthy looking lungs except for the lobe where the tumor was. He took it out along with some lymph nodes.

I'll go on Avastin and Alimta in 2 weeks and will have an MRI and CT scan just before that. I told my wonderful husband I can't relax until I hear the results of those scans. Although really, I can never relax. But each day is a gift and I'm grateful to be alive 14 months after a stage 4 diagnosis.

4 Yrs 10mos for me. Still riding and breaking horses along with shoeing horses daily. Someone questioned me several years ago what does it take to work for yourself. I told him it's simply, get out of bed every morning and go find some work. I give this same advice to cancer patients, get out of bed every morning and go find something to do. Dont ever look back just keep looking up.

God Bless

Don

Hi All~ I just want to revisit, my concern that my onc. is not putting me on any anti-neo meds, I'm starting to second guess him. I was so warm and fuzzy "putting all my eggs in one basket" now I'm not. I think I'll bounce it off Dr. West. Love you guys, need you guys, Mary