Mike is in the hospital-updated 2-28

shineladysue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sue,

Of course, you and Mike and the boys are in our prayers.

I had to go back to the doc also. Caught some bug that seems to be going around. Took the "Z" pack for 5 days but wasn't getting any better. Today, he started me on levaquin and within 3 hrs I could tell the difference.

If you need me or John, please give a holler.

God Bless Us All,

Pam

What can I say? God Bless all of you. I couldn't believe the responses . This is the first chance I have had to post. I have had a long day at the hospital and Mike is breathing a bit better, but still struggles. The doctor says that the stents are in place, there is no pneumonia, but there is infection indicated by the elevated white cells. He will be in tomorrow to see how Mike is on the many new medicines he is trying for his breathing treatments, as well as, new antibiotics etc. There are outstanding cultures that may or may not tell us exactly what we are dealing with. He says it is hard to culture when your body has antibiotics in it.

We are hanging in there. He has been visiting with family and some special friends will come to see him tomorrow. I would also like to add that he came online before he went to the hospital and read all your last responses. I can't tell you how much it meant to him. Frank, he sent you a special message. He really appreciated your pm and says that, after reading your profile, you two are brothers except you have a cute dog, a bigger TV , he can no longer drink beer and you have more hair... :wink: Can't tell you what your message meant to him..

Gonna jump out of here for now.. Just know we love you and appreciate all the love and prayers.

Love,

Sue

Sending Prayers and best wishes. Hope he is not on KETEK. I have posted and this drug was investigated as a potential killer. Sending many prayers tha tit is nothing serious though.

Today-Feb. 27th was not a good day... Mike was severely short of breath all day... The plan is ....

Tomorrow afternoon he is scheduled for bronchoscopy to check out the stent to the trachea.. possibly dilate the area.... clean out mucous secretions... and the radiation oncologist will do brachytherapy on the tumor. Praying for relief.. He was so short of breath he couldn't eat today. Thank you for all prayers.

Love,

Sue

Sue,

Praying for Mike, you, and the doctors and for Mike to be able to have the brachytherapy. It made a hugh difference for Charlie. The results were very dramatic. If you need to talk to me about it, you can call me. I will send you a PM with my information. Praying, praying, praying!

Hang on. We are here for you.