New ONC report.... might be recurrence/ might not be ...???

cindi o'h

Sue,

Dang, girl. With all that you are going through with your loss of your dear Mike, you take the time and effort to respond to my whimpy post? YOU!! I have no words of comfort for you...just can't muster a one that would be of help, yet, you are there for me with all the right words in order. You are somethin' else.

Well, that said.

I did call the onc. and talked with the nurse, who goes to the doctor to ask my question and then back to me.. (you all know how it goes)

The onc. said that he would not agree to a CT scan.

After very little discussion, I told the nurse that this is not the onc. for me. She talked me into trying a different doctor in the group practice who has a different philosophy. I agreed. So I will see the newest onc. for consult next Friday. I know that he will order the CT. (She was putting me on hold as she was asking him questions.)

The saga continues.

Good thing there is the pub and I can come around and have a couple with all of ya'll without getting fired! Love my job!

Cindi o'h

Hey Tina.

It was a PET/CT fusion. I guess that the CT part of it is low resolution for some technical reason, so it doesn't have the details.

The doctor on the cyberknife board suggested I ask for a CT with contrast with at least 62 slices, so I did. It turned out that the CT at the cancer center doesn't have that capability, so the nurse went and found out that the hospital has a new machine that does. I do like this nurse! (I told her so too). I can spot a good one by now.

I heard about a drink last night on David Letterman that is called something like "Dark Homey". Captain, Ameretto, and cranberry juice.. You wanna be my guinea pig, Tina? Or stick with the Golden Caddie?

Cindi o'h

Cindi,

Glad you have a good nurse to deal with. Now if you can get the onc to go with her...I will be your guinea pig. Things have been very rough this year so far. I'm up for an adventure!

Take care...I love you girl! Praying for it all to be NOTHING!!!!

OK, I give up. Is this Pub the place where the lugers hang out to eat their chocolate or what? How do I get there cuz I want a Dark Homey too. :D Barb

PS. If this is your first PET/CT it is probably a new machine, and could be hard for radiologist to compare with old scans?

Cindi

I just wanted to offer my prayers to you. I wish I had more to give.

Blaze,

The pub is a wonderful, although imaginary, place here where we are free to vent or whine or celebrate. And when you do, your friend here will join you and understand you no matter what. Just like a real pub you can either bury your woes in a pint or raise a glass in triumph. All you need to do to get there is to ask our gracious host Cindi for your drink of choice. Mine is a dreamsicle martini mmmmm... I think I am almost ready for one now.

oh, cindi. this anxiety is so crappy, glad to hear you've made it over to the pub. watch and wait sucks...no two ways about it. I wish I had something intelligent to say, but you know this drill way better than I do.

just know that you are always in my thoughts. and my prayers.

xoxo

bunny