Getting to Know You - March 01

Ann

I have gingerbread all over my kitchen, all year round. It used to just be a Christmas thing but I love gingerbread men so much, I decided to keep the theme going. No particular theme to my bathrooms but I do try and keep with the peach colored theme.

Theme? How about "you can't believe it's a kitchen"? I am an antique collector so I have several antique kitchen cabinets, a collection of old pottery, advertising signs, old menus, and a large neon sign that says "Restaurant" that I bought at an auction. It's just a cool space with a tin ceiling to boot. I had an antique stove till I almost gassed the family with a leak so had to give that up. :lol:

The downstairs bathroom (ok this is strange I know)has several pictures of the Dionne quintuplets. I don't know why those little girls pictures fascinate me so.

No theme for the bathrooms but my kitchen has a collection of copper. I also collect tins, (decorated candy or cookie tins) and lets not forget the baskets.

These things are above the top cupboards along with what my husband calls "all your other junk", but which I prefer to think of as my miscellaneous treasures.

Geri

Guest bathroom is my 'drama' room, wild flowered shower curtain from Bloomies and peach paint.

Master bath is done in 'early I can't stand it'. It has grey tile, YUK, and I can't figure out a paint color.

Kitchen is done really with no theme, but I collect pitchers and they are around the top of the soffets. Tug McGraw was my first pitcher, ha ha ha.

Is "chaos" a theme? I have it all through my house...

Ginny, bright blue or a soothing green would go with gray - or lilac!

But don't ask me, I like bright cool colors - blue/green/purple...my house is like a Margaritaville commercial.

Ann, you would fit right in in the town down the road from me," Santa Claus, IN." They have a gated community called Christmas Lake Village, and a lot of people there leave their Christmas decorations up all year long!

My kitchen is done in, I guess they call it, primitive country, and old American flags.