So this is what it feels like

Carleen

This is what it feels like to get good news

:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

I am so happy; Keith and I got our scan results back yesterday from his CT scan and his bone scan.

We went in fully expecting the worst because both his medical oncologist and his radiation oncologist told us that with's Keith's back pain, it appeared the cancer had spread to his spine. In fact they even set up his first radiation appointment for his back for today in advance of our getting the results. We were also told that if it spread, that meant that the chemo wasn't working.

Well, the doctor came in and his first words were "well, I guess you heard that your CT results showed Positive change"

WHAT?????

He assumed the nurse wouldn't have been able to suppress the urge to break the good news, but it turns out that there was a "slight decrease" in the size of all the masses. The tumors in his lungs, and bronchial tubes decreased. His liver mets decreased, the neck lymph nodes decreased.

The BEST thing.... the bone scan was CLEAN!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!! And thank you my friends for praying for us, and for this. God has answered our prayers.

They don't know what is causing his back pain, but we now know what it is NOT!

I haven't come down yet from my cloud of joy. I am SO happy today. I know they said it was a "slight" improvement; but it's improvement. It's our first bit of good news, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

Our hope was fading and our spirits dampened. I now fill renewed with fighting spirit and with hope eternal.

WE ARE FIGHTING, WE ARE WINNING. LOOK OUT CANCER BECAUSE WE'RE COMING TO KICK YOUR A$$.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much love and prayers going out to all of you,

Carleen

Carleen:

Just wanted to let you know that I am soooooooo happy for you and Keith. You have to celebrate in some big way. Oh, and I love the fact that you plan to continue to kick some cancer a$$ :lol::!::!::!: I really got a kick(pun intended) out of that one. Congrats again!!

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

What a wonderful post. Congratulations! It just shows that just when things seem bleak, hope and good things are always possible. :D:D:D

Cheryl

Carleen & Keith,

Congrats on the wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Keith. This is the greatest news..... You deserve happiness in your life. This is only the beginning, everything is on a positive mode. Keep the faith, God is good and is healing all of us.

Thank you Carleen for bringing me to this forum.

God Bless You and praying everyday for all of us

Karen

Dx'd 3-13 - 3A - Radiation (38 treatments) and taxol/carbo (8 weeks)

7-23-03 started taxol/carbo every 3 weeks