Mike's Obituary

shineladysue

Michael B. Shine

NORFOLK – Michael B. Shine, 61 years old, died March 2, 2006, after a long and courageous battle with lung cancer.

He was born in Kansas City, MO on October 30, 1944, and was the son of the late Beverly S. and Bernard T. Shine.

Mike is survived by his wife, Sue; two sons, Tommy and Brian; a sister, Pat and her husband Don Coulsting, and their son and Mike’s nephew, Donnie; a brother, Steve and his wife Bobbie; his mother and father-in-law, Marvin and Gwen Jones; and sister-in-law, Bonnie Jones.

Mike was a sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps and served in the Vietnam War. He worked in the financial industry from 1968 to 2004 and was retired from Wachovia Bank. His contributions to society were great and included Junior Achievement, the PTA serving as a Vice President, the Ruritan Club, and served on the Board of Directors of the Civic League and as a block security captain.

It was Mike’s wish to be cremated and a private memorial service will be held by the family at a later date. Hollomon-Brown Funeral Home, Tidewater Drive Chapel handling arrangements. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to www.lchelp.org to further lung cancer awareness. Condolences may be offered to the family at www.hollomon-brown.com.

Sue....thanks so much for sharing this beautiful tribute to Mike with us. We always seem to learn so much about people from their obituaries. From reading Mike's obituary, I can tell what an impact he had on his community and his family. I already knew what a wonderful wife he had!!!

Oh, Sue, I can tell from this wonderful tribute to Mike that he was really a very special man that contributed so much to make his world a better place. You must be so proud to have been his wife.

What Ginny said is so true. There IS safety in numbers. Having others to share your feelings with will definitely help to see you through the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

GOD BLESS YOU, MY FRIEND! I know it hurts!

Love,

Peggy

Sue that was a beautiful tribute to such a wonderful man. He accomplished so much in his lifetime.

He is at peace and smiling down upon his family. His presence and his lifetime of memories will live on in your hearts forever.

Peace be with you Sue and your family. I am so sorry for your tremendous loss.

Maryanne