Say hello to my friend

I am posting this on behalf of my friend, Linda. She is the office manager at my dentist's office, and her mother has lung cancer. I gave her this website address about a month ago and have been watching for her first post, but so far, I haven't seen her post.

Her mother is in her 80s. I think she said she was 82, and because of other health problems will probably not receive treatment. The last I saw Linda, I believe they were going for the first oncologist's appointment the following week.

Linda told me that her relationship with her mom is like so many of you have described: BEST FRIENDS! In fact, I think Linda's words to me were, "It's going to be tough because it's a best friend relationship."

I thought if some of you would say hello to her that I would print and mail the thread to her and encourage her to come here for support since so many of us can relate to that "best friend" mom we have or had. Thanks in advance!

Love to all,

Peggy

Hello Linda,

I am so very sorry to hear about your mom and best friend. Peggy gave you correct information. Come to this site for support or for a safe place to vent. We are here for you. I have included you and your mother in my prayers.

Prayers

Hi Linda,

No matter what stage or prognosis the doctors may have given you, there is always hope for a lasting and meaningful life for your Mom.

There are many who have chosed "The Path Less Traveled" and have found much beauty along the way.

Attitude is extremely important especially when dealing with a chronic illness. One day at a time.

Cindi o'h

Hi Linda.

My MIL is also in her 80's and at first did not want treatment. She elected to have radiation only and handled it very well and is doing very well. I hope your mom has many good days ahead of her.

Rochelle

Linda,

My Dad just turned 82 and has had lung cancer for 5 1/2 years!!! He has lots of other health problems too but overall has had a good quality of life through most of this time. Don't hesitate to contact me if you want to "talk".

This is a great website. You'll find lots of support here and answers to your questions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

gail p-m