Dana Reeve Dies

More bad news......

Dana Reeve Dies of Lung Cancer

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PHOTOS

Click image to enlarge

SHORT HILLS, N.J. — Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

I too cried this morning. The "breaking news" came as I was eating breakfast. I must admit, I didn't see this one coming....

Sadly, her passing has led to another flurry of media attention towards our cause -- the Health Reporter for Philadelphia's Channel 3 just left my house -- they were frantically trying to get ahold of me all morning so they could interview me for my reaction to her death and give an update on my personal situation. It's so morbid...but also neccesary if we ever want to bring change.

My thoughts and prayers are with her son Will in these coming days. What a tragedy.

I just heard the news and I, along with all of you, am sitting here with tears running down my face. It's just not right! And for Will to lose both parents at such a young age. My prayers are with him and his family......

This is a tragedy to the Lung Cancer community and more so for Danas son. I can not believe this has happened. thought she was doing so well with treatments. Prayers for Wil at this very difficult time in life.

Mom said she watched a special on it tonight and it was

SCLC. I just figured it had to be as aggressive as it was. :( As far as smoking goes... My mom was a smoker (not anymore!) and had/has adenocarinoma and her best friend was a smoker and has SCLC. Doesn't seem to be very discriminating. :(