Darrell

Hi!

My name is Darrell. I'm 44 and live in Parkersburg Wv. I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer Jan 22, 2006. The cancer has spread to my left hip and lumbar spine. It hasn't spread to my other lung however.

I've had 2 rounds of chemo and am ready to start my 3rd round next Monday Mar 13. I'm heading to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion Ill on March 20th to check out Tomotherapy among other things they offer.

I've had such an emotional roller coaster this past month and a half. The doc doesn't want me to have anymore radiation due to a bowell infection. I'm discouraged about that because it hurts for me to walk.

If anyone has hip cancer like mine, can you plesae contact me? let me know how you are doing? what did they do to help you? How long did it take? etc.?

I just can't imagine that I'm going to have to live with this pain for the rest of my life.

Thank you so very much.

Darrell

Geez, Darrell,

I am so sorry that you are hurting. I can not imagine the pain.

Do you have family to support you? or at least travel to IL w/ you?

My husband's main problem as a result of his LC was the spread to his liver.

I have not advice, but I do care and I am praying.

Pat

Darrell -

I can tell you a lot about cancer that has spread to the hip -- this happened with my mom -- and while somethings that we did were right on -- there are a couple of other things we would have done a bit differently (in retrospect) -- please feel free to PM or email me.

Welcome to the site -- you will get a ton of support and info here.

Hope to hear from you -

Holly

Hi Darrell

I can not help with the Ca to the hip-I have been having a lot of bone pain and was scanned yesterday to see if it has spread.

I have been using arthritic meds and Darvocett for the pain as of now.

You have found a great place for support and for advice. So many here have been right where you are right now.

Please fill in the profile part so we can keep up with your treatments.

You can read mine to see what all I have had.

Good luck-Cindy

Hi Pat!

My gf Kim will be going to CTCA with me. She is an RN who worked on the cancer floor at the hospital I stayed at. She has been the complete inspiration to me. She's also my driving force.

I will let you know how the trip goes and what they come up with. I am praying, wishing and just plain ready for some good news. I feel it coming.

Darrell

My Wife had it in her back but it never did spread and all they ever did was give her Zometa for it. Like a earlier person said i believe it was Pat, it came back to my wife's Liver and also in her lung in the the same area so by all mean's go to Cancer Center and good luck and many prayer's coming your way....