Bone Met?

KarHart

First, thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. I am in the office briefly and have a quick ? Ken has been complaining of intense pain in the back of his right calf. This has been going on for several days. I am worried that it may be a bone met but don't know much about this. I am able to keep it fairly well under control with his pain meds, but he is having bouts of extreme confusion and is resistant to taking medication some times. I know radiation is used for bone mets but I don't think this would be an option for him.

I will try to get on my computer at home tonight. Thanks for any input.

Karen H

I honestly don't know, but I will keep praying!

Mom's met on her skull caused quite a bit of pain and headaches. They were able to radiate it, and she is doing much better now.

I hope you are able to resolve this. He doesn't need all of that pain! Poor guy.

:) Kelly

Karen,

I would have it checked out. It could be a met, or could be a blood clot, or even a muscle knot caused from dehyrdation and electrolite imbalance. Can't say for sure cause I'm not a doctor. I wish I was because I'd spend all my time looking for a cure for this beast for your dear sweet husband and for mine and everyone else here.

I know my husband has had some muscle cramps, stomach cramps, side pains and body pains that I think might be caused by imbalances created because of all the liver mets. I know his poor body is working overtime to filter toxins and that it can cause all kinds of symptoms and aches and pains.

I think what I would do is get it checked out and either put your mind at ease or get on a plan to fight and fix the problem.

Karen I am praying for you both, with all my strength and heart I am praying for you.

Karen -

I agree with Carleen - it could be something other than a bone met....To be honest, I am not sure that the shin area is a very common place for a met -- you always hear about hips, shoulders, ribs, spine, neck --- yet if it is, radiation is the quickest reliever of pain. You can also try moist heat...my mom got a lot of relief if we took a dishcloth, got it really wet, microwaved it and put it in a ziplock bag -- sounds strange, but that and "Bed Buddies" (along with meds) really helped.

I am so glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about you guys alot.

Love,

Holly

Hi Karen:

I'm so glad to hear from you. I used to have pain in my calf, doc took a blood test and it was low potassium. One week on potassium supplements and all the pain went away. But you do have to get it checked, ASAP. Do not second guess or self medicate. We are not doctors here, we can only say base on our experiences.

God Bless you and Ken and the entire family.

Love,

Malou