Intruducing myself

I've been lurking here all week, getting up the courage to post. I'm a 51 year old non-smoker who has been diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer.

So far it is in my lung and has metastized to my brain.

I'm just completely freaked out and am looking for words of encouragement.

gracieJules

Welcome Gracie (and neighbor!!!)

Mom was diagnosed over 9 months ago with stage IV lung cancer with mets to the brain...she's still kickin right along.

I'm sorry to hear you had to find this place, but glad you did. You'll find many who've been there and much love, support, and many prayers.

Welcome Gracie!!

Sorry you had to find us, and so glad that you joined us and came in from lurking.

As you will see we are a very knowledgeable and supportive group.

There are many here who were diagnoised with your particular LC. They hae beaten the odds big time. Just know that LC is not a death sentence, there are numberous treatments she just has to find the one that works or her.

Keep us posted,

Maryann3

gracie, this is my first i found this site, i know how you fell exactly, when i was diagnosed i was in shock the word cancer just was so scary-thought this to be my death sentence, cried and cried, felt bad for my mom i take care of, didn't know what to do -who to listen to,chemo was the scariest-looked up alternative medicines andy research i could do - but am going to cyberknife -hopefully will get it over with,its in gods hands -so how many consultations,hopefully you have more than 1 -this is the start - build uo immune system,look into all treatments, chose the best on how you feel confortable. i wish you all the best and am sorry for us all that we needed to find this site. keep your faith , chase

Read the Good News Section for inspiration and help getting over the fear of the Bad News. This sit ehas a wonderful group of compassionat epeople who are a wealth of info on any subject. Ask and ye shall recieve. Welcome and will say a prayer. Let us know what you need.

Welcome Gracie. So glad you found us. Boy the news the past few days is full of those like yourself afflicted with this disease. Please keep us posted. Donna G

Gracie,

Welcome!!! When 1st dx. it is frightening. This site and the compassionate people her are a wealth of information and support. I was dx 3/2003. Have had chemo and radiation for lung. Two brain surgeries, one two yrs ago. Another just as recent as 3 weeks ago. After 1st surgery, had Stereotactic radiation to the brain to remove any left over residual cells. Last surgery was more for necrosis (dead cell tissue and dead CA cells.) I am doing great.

Never, never give up, there are lots of options and keep a positive attitude, I can beat this illness is a great place to start. Just be an advocate for your self. Don't look at statistics and read, read and gain knowledge. Knowledge is power. Ask LOT'S of questions. We don't learn if we don't ask, no question is ever stupid or dumb...

Keep the faith and sending prayers up for you...

Please keep us posted...

Blessings and sending hugs to you,

Karen

Gracie - As everyone else has said "i am sorry you had to find us" but know that you will get so much support here. Once you get all the info on the table and devise a treatment plan you will feel more in control. You have to accept the diagnosis and ignore the statistics. There are many, many people with stageIV who are doing very well. It is a journey and a rollercoaster -- and it sucks to be dealt this hand, but you will have great days ahead of you.

We are here for you.

Holly

I hate that you need us, but glad you're here. there are plenty of survivors here, there's bound to be one with similar staging, etc.

freaked out is the understatement of the century, huh? hang around, let us support you.

xoxo

amie

Gracie:

I am pretty new here myself and I caretake my mom who is recently diagnosed with stage 3B nsclc-- while I am no expert, I have been venting on these folks big time since coming in with my fears and questions -- they are real knowlegeable about negotiating the path of coping with the diagnosis and what to expect/how to manage what comes up along the way. They have helped me big time already and actually offer so much hope....you have found the right place!

Wish you didn't have your diagnosis, but glad you found this support,

Linda

P.S. My mom was born and raised near Olathe, KS