Round 2

Wendy

Unfortunately after almost 2 years from my initial diagnosis, I have started round 2 with my cancer battle.

Mets were found in my spine and pelvic bone (1 spot in each). The treatment plan for me is 10 days of spot radiation to lessor the pain, IV Avistin every 3 weeks, Zometa every 6 weeks and Tarceva daily.

I have stocked my medicine cabinet with any and all lotions, anti itch cream, acne gel and immodium to get ready for the Tarceva seige.

It has taken me over a month to admit the cancer is back. I tried to stick my head in the sand and ignore it thereby making it not true. Fortunately I am back in the real world and ready for the FIGHT!

God bless us all,

Wendy

(((((((((((((((WENDY))))))))))))))))

Okay Kiddo, we're going to kick some cancer *ss!

The reason you couldn't get your head in the sand is because we had all this snow hanging around! :roll::P:wink: But, I'm glad your back in the saddle and ready to ride. It's been beat before and you can beat it too! :wink:

I'm always here if you need an ear or a hug or lunch or company, your dishes done, or or or or or! :wink:

LOVE YOU,

Con

Wendy,

Sorry you have to glove up again. If anyone can beat this back, you can! You have drive and willpower that will kick some cancer tushie!

My good thoughts and prayers go out for you that this will be an effort of success.

Stocking up on the lotions and potions is a smart pre-emptive move on your part. You have experience with how this works for you.

We are here for you, Wendy.

Cindi o'h

Hi Wendy:

I too am in my second battle with the same mets that you have. I was operated on in June of '04 and was fine until my cat scan in Decmeber of '05. I was on Tarceva starting January 12th but it did not work for me. I had my first line of Alimta this Tuesday and with the help of God, hopefully, it will work.

I will pray for you. I always say a pray for everyone on these boards.

Wendy -

It sucks that you have to do round II -- but just from reading your post I can see that you are ready to fight. Hopefully the radiation quickly gets any pain you have under control...for my mom and everyone else I have talked to -- it gets the pain out of the way fairly quickly. And it is great that they are getting you on Zometa right away!

I will add you to my prayers list...praying for healing powers and some peace of mind for you as you attack the beast once again.

Love,

Holly

Ok, i go get my bat....and my boots for kicking Cacer in the *ss. Where are my numchucks?

Let's do this babycakes. I got your back.

I am sorrry you have to do this again. Let us know how are you are doing. This is a great place to be.

Eppie