Fighting this stigma....

KatieB

This hits me especially hard because this idiot lives in Redding where I work and 20 miles from where I live. If I were home I would write to the local paper where people vent things. This *ss really needs someone to set him straight.

Unfortunately I am 2500 miles away so it will have to wait. As a side note my father in law or I should say ex will be 84 the day after tomorrow. He smoked for nearly 50 years and he smoked the Camel non filters. He is about as healthy as anyone could be at his age. That blows that fools asumption that is is a matter of time for his mom out of the water :!:

Lynda,

I sent an email to 360@CNN stating the same sentiment, that it gives the appearance that CNN supports that ignorant mentality by not allowing the last post to be challenged or atleast allowing the author to be berated for his ignorance and educated.

I received the below response...generic as it is. I'm frustrated beyond belief, but atleast I'm taking a stand. The more chatter, the more it seems to matter.

Thanks for your email. Here’s our problem. We want you to know that we really do read every single email you viewers send us. No, honestly. But reading your email is one thing, and composing individual answers to each one is another. That would be a full-time enterprise. In which case, there’d be no AC 360. In which case, there’d be no emails. You see where we’re headed.

Anyway, the best we can do is to acknowledge that we have indeed received and will read your message, and this little note is to let you know that. It’s automatic, yes; fails to take into account whether you’ve patted us on the back or slapped us across the face; does not differentiate between praise, correction, fury, proposals of marriage, or invitations to get lost. But rest assured we’ll know that part when we read it!

Beth, thank you for posting the response you received to your comment. I also sent *feedback* to AC360 so I no doubt have the same response waiting for me in my email :lol:

After sending my comment, I started to think of what Anderson stands for and I really do believe that he stands for the truth. I thought then that maybe our comments to him could accomplish more than to just have the blog reopened. Maybe it still can if enough of us persist in emailing him despite the *generic* response.

In that light, I have started a new topic, here in the general category, entitled, *Comments to Anderson* and I've included my post to him in the hopes that it would inspire others to do the same (and post the comments that you send) and continue to, "keep those comments coming,". Also, with our thoughts on this issue all listed together under one thread the words written might serve as a resource of sorts to give ideas, thoughts, etc., for other letter writing campaigns.

With love and prayers for an end to the ignorance,

Lynda

well, still no new comments added to the blog under Michael N's. Guess Anderson's (people) will get tired of hearing from me :D because I plan to send a letter every day until those comments don't end with such a ridiculous, insensitive and damaging viewpoint.

Lynda

It's hard to sit back & watch people like this. Mainly because I know what they do not. None of us, no matter how "perfect" we lived our lives, are immune from this horrible beast we call Cancer. They will continue to live oblivious, until they are forced to wake up. Until then, I do not worry myself with their ignorance. I fight the good fight knowing that someday vindication, for all who have suffered, will come.

Keep the faith everyone, your words have not gone unheard. It will echo in the minds of those that chose to turn a blind eye.

Lisa