CT Results

Nancy B

I met with my oncologist on Tuesday. I picked up the results last week. In one paragraph it stated that a 9mm nodule was now l.2cm. Yet at the bottom of the report under impressions it said "No Change".

When my oncologist walked into the room, he said "well, looks good, no change." I pointed out that 9mm to l.2cm sure seemed like a change to me. He had only read the bottom line. He said he would go over the scans with the radiologist and get back to me. He called yesterday and said that an amended report will be issued - he's not sure what happened.

I am going to look at that and then order a cd of my last three scans and get an independent read on them. Why do they have to make it so hard? Right now, I am assuming it is good news, I feel good, and will go with that for now. Thanks for all your support.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Hi Joe, thanks. Right now I have no evidence that this nodule is cancer, could just be a "nodule". So far I have had both of my tumors surgically removed (along with most of my left lung), so right now, I am cancer free. Thanks be to God.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Hey Nancy,

I will take this as good news and keep fingers crossed that the new 'read' will just confirm that. FWIW, Fred's dr. read only the bottom line as well.......said all was the same from the last scan regarding his nodules. We picked up our copy......lo and behold...............ANOTHER nodule was noted. It was described in the body of the report. Makes us wonder, doesn't it? So everyone ~ be VIGILANT on your own behalf!

XOXOXO,

Kasey

Hi Nancy,

Maybe it's just an insignificant size disparity and only a result of how your body went thru the scanner, or a different scanner, or something like that...and maybe next time you go for a scan, it'll be back to 1.9.....

Cindy

Hi Nancy,

I can relate to your frustration. I had an inconsistency on my CT report from one paragraph to the next. I had the CHIEF RADIOLOGIST go over my scans and give me his findings. I think it boils down to human error and doctors not taking the time to be more thorough in their reading of the report. Your doctor is the one who should have found the inconsistency not you.

Prayers

Hi Nancy,

It's good to see your post!

We actually had that happen to us many times. The summary didn't always mention things that were in the detailed report. Most of the time, I think the onc only read the summary, so we always got the reports and asked about the things that were ommitted in the summary.

I know this is worrying you more than you are letting on. Any "increase" in the size of a nodule or tumor is always disconcerting, even if it is minute, so I will be praying you get through this waiting time free from worry, or at least as little as possible.

Love,

Peggy