Update on Ken

KarHart

Karen,

Before my brother, John, died, his speech became very slurred too. I don't know what kind of meds the nurses were giving him, so I don't know if it was that or the meds that he would stash away on his own. He kinda liked to get a little "high" at nighttime and this was a part of his control and maybe making it through the night. I tried to stay in his room as often as I could and the nurses were accomodating. I slept on the floor or in a recliner. He just didn't want to be alone at night. He was in a nursing home for about 3 months and I tell you, the nurses were wonderful to him. The night he died, Mary, his R.N. knew he was going to die. She got off her shift at 11 p.m. and stayed with him til 4:30 a.m. when his body finally gave out. God strongly bless her. This action of kindness and love I will never ever forget. She said that he had no pain and didn't suffer. John never had any pain that he complained of to me either.

Well, it is a process, this.

I am praying for you and Ken, Karen. Easy, please Lord.

Cindi o'h