I want to feel good about this ...

FSC1073

... but, damn ... it seems so random ...

1/17 - Heart EBCT resulted in an Incidental Finding -distinct 1.5cm "Mass" in right middle lobe, irregular edges, no calcification. Evaluated as Neoplasm.

2/5 - Chest/Abdomen/Pelvis CT 1.3cm "Spiculated Mass" clearly visible on several layers.

2/9 - Full Body PET/CT 1.3cm "Density," no uptake, no other abnormalities.

3/7 - During scheduled CT Guided Biopsy, multiple CT attempts cannot locate mass. There is a barely detectable diffuse cloud on one layer in the general area the mass was previously seen.

Radiologist and Internal Meds have no explanation but recommend 3 month follow-up CT.

What the heck?

... Cal

........cal,

Like Don Wood said, Sounds like good news to me.

I want to encourage you to put this completely out of your mind, until the day before your next CT.; remembering that 99% of the things we worry about never come true!

Easier said than done for most of us, but life is short and Springtime is almost here and so much living and loving to be done without cluttering your mind right now.

I do want to commend your docs for taking this seriously and going through every proper motion. Now, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it except to wait until the dang thing (whatever it was) disappear on the next films. Oh. And by the way. IF..(strong if) it is lc, God forbid, it most certainly is in the very earliest stage which is curable! How 'bout that?

Now, go play! :D

Cindi o'h

Cal,

I couldnt say it better than the people prior to me.... I know the wait stinks... but just the fact that your docs think waiting 3 months is okay, speaks volumes to me. I think all in all, the results of your testing sounded good. Take a deep breath.... and do your darndest to try to push this to the back of your head for now.... Sharon

Visited with my IM doc today and saw the written report from Interventional Radiologist. To paraphrase, it states: considering current diffuse nature of "lesion" on most recent CT and no uptake on PET/CT, area as evaluated as non-neoplasm. Recommends 3 month follow-up CT.

Now - waiting.

Thanks for the many thoughtful and hopeful responses. I'll let you know in 3 months!