What do you think???????

mama4zach

I do not know how each of you feel, but I do not think it is good to tell someone they only have months to live. No one knows that but God and I know what it has done to me mentally. I think it would be best to tell a person that they have done all they can do but don't say 2 months or 3 months. It is enough to drive you crazy. How can you even think positive if you are told that. Please let me know how you feel. Also, I will be starting a clinical trial on Tuesday at Johns Hopkins. Please remember me in your prayers.

Thanks, Nancy

Nancy,

I agree. I think you should be told there are no options left but I do not think they should put a time on it. I remember in the beginning of all this, our doctor said he thought John had about 4 months. Now we're on year 4...so keep on keeping on and prove him wrong.

Nancy i'm in total agreement with you. they told my Wife there was no more they could do and she lasted about 2 month's before passing, but she alway's told her Doctor that only GOD knew how much time she had. With that being said i heard from my Daughter about a man she knew who was told he had only a few week's to live and went on for 8 year's more only to die in a accident.So get that trial treatment and leave the rest up to GOD......

I strongly disagree when doctors put a "time" on a person's life. My dad's doctors never put a time on my dad. When my dad was in the hospital last year with pneumonitis, we were at our local hospital (not a cancer centre) and the doctor there just looked at my dad and asked him why he was there! Just those words to my parents just crushed my dad. Well, my dad is still kicking around and there are so many people here that have proved doctors wrong! Postive attitude is so important during treatments. So, don't listen, keep FIGHTING!!! I just know that clinical trial will do the trick!

love,

jorja

I agree a "time limit" is cruel and unneccessary. I do understand doctors wanting patients to understand how dire the situation is, but there are much kinder ways to present it. Like saying, "We'll fight as hard as you want for as long as you want, but keep in mind that we don't really know how well it wil work in your case. Don't assume you have 2 months, and don't assume you have 20 years."

Hope you get wonderful, miraculous results from the trial.

Nancy, I totally agree about the statistics, and that is what they are. Fortunately, Lucie's onc does not give a prognosis unless asked. We asked down the line because we wanted to hear it, get over it and move on. Otherwise, we would not know. It does help us now because Lucie has lived long past the prognosis and it cheers us to know we beat the odds. But, otherwise, it only depresses. Hang in there. You have my prayers. Don

Nancy,

Yes! Im glad your making that known. People don't determine your time God does! Think of how many people have been given months and lived years. Think of all the people still living today who had doctors predicting they wouldn't make it through the night. This does shatter a person's hopes and spirit and it shouldn't be a guesstimate. I'll be sending lots of prayer your way.

Hugs,Beth

When my mom was dx, we told the Dr. not to give a prognosis. My husband's 44 year old brother was dx'd with pancraetic cancer and given 2mths. He died exactly 2 months to the day. We just always keep a positive attitude and try to get through each little bump in the road and try really hard not think of it as a death sentence.You have my prayers!!

Hugs and Prayers

Connie

Nancy,

I agree with you. I honestly believe Alan has done

as well as he has because his Drs. NEVER told him he

only had "so much time". They have told us medically

they as Drs could not do much more and that the rest

was in God's hands. That is a comfort to Alan and I

as we have always placed our lives in God's hands.

Prayers coming your way

I, too was told that I had 30 days, 60 at the most to live. That was about a month ago and it definitely threw me into a tailspin. Since that time I've lost nothing but my hair, my strength is returning with the chemotherapy, I have zero pain and continue my daily activities much as I did a year ago before I was sick. Doctors don't know when we will die, that's God's business and I think they are wrong to predict what they don't control. My treatment, while adequate reflected the doctor's feeling that he was working on a lost cause. I've changed Oncologists and found that my staging was completely inadequate - no bone scan or brain MRI was done. In addition my husband, who was present during these pronouncements of my fate, has pretty much decided that I'm going to die any day now - doesn't set the stage for a great support system to fight the disease, he's too busy planning for his life once I'm gone.

Having said all that, I am glad to know that my time is limited (30 days or 30 years) because I've never lived better or happier than I have since my diagnosis two months ago.