Getting to know you March 11th

Ry

WE are going to Mennard's! (or "Maynard's" as we like to call it)

We are up for a little bit of retail therapy. Nothing like a home improvement store to work through the demons - and hell, I get to use power tools and a hammer when I get home! Wa-hoo!!!

(Cookieman may need to type for me if I cut off my fingers...)

It's a gorgeous day in Michigan. The sun is out, the ice on the lake is melting, and two geese are in the yard. I've taken the net off the pond, uncovered my roses, and later I'll tackle more yard work. I am off to my favorite antique shop at 10:30 to get my weekly old lady fix. :lol: Tonight we are going to dinner with friends (thanks to steroids).

Hope everyone is having good weather.

I think monsoons have taken up permanent residency in Indiana - rain - inches of rain. I've spent most of my time cleaning mud off eight dog paws! :evil:

Today, I am going to the bank and then taking a bunch of area rugs and things to give to my sister. I expect we will visit for a while, and then I have to go to the office for a couple of hours, or I could do that tomorrow afternoon.

Things are getting a little better at work, so I'm hoping to have some time today and tomorrow to get back to finishing up cleaning up from the construction and start finishing the painting and staining.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Love,

Peggy

We don't really know yet, but we are looking for a new sectional for our family room. We have seen some and have narrowed it down to two. So we will decide and order it.

Then we are going to a matinee and if early enough sit on our porch and do some reading.

It is going to be gorgeous here today, maybe up in the 70's. :D

Ah, the feeling of spring is in the air. I love this time of the year! I would not be anywhere else at this time. Winter maybe Fla. but spring and fall nothing like the change of the seasons to make you feel rejuvenated.

Maryanne :wink:

It is 50 degrees here, heavy rain, thunderstorms, hail, gusty winds, snow level down to 1000 ft. (I thought I was in California). Me and my dog Mollie are staying home, making a pot of soup and lighting a fire in the fireplace. Not going anywhere today!

Gorgeous sunny day here. Took the dogs for a walk to an off-leash park. My

13 1/2 year old cancer dog did the 45 minute walk and enjoyed herself. She'll probably snooze the rest of the day. Going to have a shower and then do my Saturday errands -- grocery shopping... Then probably cook a meal or two for the week and some laundry. Then it'll be relaxation time and a lazy night in front of the TV.

gail p-m

Well, my day is not glamourous at all. Days like today actually make work look enticing..

I only have today off this week so I have to power clean, power grocery shop for the week, wash my filthy car and dye my hair since I'm starting to look like I'm about 85. I always dye my hair my natural colour (black) but am doing sort of a plum today. :shock:

When I finish all that, I rented the new Harry Potter DVD to watch with my son hopefully.

It has done nothing but RAIN in southern IN, and is expected to on into the week! The boys are quiet for once and my house needs a major cleaning, but I just can't seem to get motivated! Maybe I'll start with my bedroom. :D

Beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful here, but just a preview of spring for a couple of days.

Met my best friend for bfast and shopping. A big dept store here is closing, yep power sales. For $50.23 I got, 2 Joseph A tops, crystal candlesticks, crystal candy dish, 3 darling kids Eastery basket type things. I danced all the way to my car. Then off to AC Moore for stuff for my woman's club luncheon and then to Toys R Us for grandson's bday.

Couple hours at home, then off to see Failure to Launch and dinner with a friend.

Busy days, I love them.

Rochelle, I have joined Questors so I should me less antique challenged.

Beautiful sunny day...doing laundry and yard work. Hubs is full planning mode for remodeling our bedroom. We just bought a sectional couch for our sitting room. I wish I could take a nap but we're going to see Hubs school basketball team playoff game for state competition.

Hugs everybunny!

eppie

It's 5pm and this was a glorious day, warm and sunny, an exceptional day for VT and almost unheard of on March 11.

Spent the day with my DH, went mattress shopping and then a British style pub lunch - go figure! - all followed by shoe shopping.

The shoes were for him but I tried very hard to find a pair for me...didn't succeed, there's always tomorrow!

Geri

Did lots of yard work--used the electric chain saw, the hedge trimmers, pulled weeds and started thinning out my day lilies. Waaayyyy too much to do. It was a gorgeous day over 80 degrees.

Even my oldest daughter and my niece got along and helped a lot doing weed and feed, pulling honeysuckle, etc.

A really good day!

well this is a day late, but I will tell you about my

day "yesterday" 1st I went to Long Beach State to an informational class to start applying to get my Masters. I will be getting my masters in Social Work and if things stay on Track, should be a Social Worker at St. Joseph's hospital by the time their new cancer center opens. I am already volunteering there 2 days a week (at the current cancer center) the head of the cancer center gave me the final push to getting my masters. I then spent the rest of the after noon volunteering at the hospital. So that was my March 11th

I'm a couple of days late BUT:

I met Carguy for breakfast in Chattanooga on my way to Atlanta! He's a real nice guy, folks. Really tall (6'5"), red head, deep baritone voice. We looked kinda funny as I'm real short (5'3". Was great finally meeting somebody from the board. He's doing well and waiting with abated breath for his results.

Then drove on to Atlanta to play board games with "my guys". They surprised me with a birthday cake, I whupped up on 'em in the games, went to dinner.

It was a great day all around.

Fran