Introduction

BSLedford1

Hi, my name is Barb. My 74 year old mother was just diagnosed with small cell lung cancer a week ago. She had been admitted to the ER because of really low sodium and within a week we got the news.

She swore she would never try chemo but after meeting her oncologist she decided to try! We are in the hospital and she just had her third chemo for this round and hasn't had a bit of sickness. I am so surprised and happy.

I pray for all of you, thanks for letting me share.

Barb

Welcome Barb:

Wish you didn't have to be here, but glad you found this place. Looks so far like both of us have something in common: moms at the same age with low sodium as an entrance to this kind of diagnosis(mine has non-small cell as a diagnosis)....I am pretty new here myself, but I think you will find this forum most helpful (quite frankly, it's the best thing I have found in the midst of all of my personal experience with this.....I also just lost my dad within 8 weeks in Apr 05 to unexpected aggressive brain cancer) -- The folks here are just great and I am sure you will find all the wisdom, pointers to resources you may need, prayers, and just plain all the support you could want here (as much as you want, and then some).

Many hugs and as much support and sharing as I can provide along the way,

Linda

Hi Barb,

Welcome. I am glad that your mom seems to be tolerating the chemo. Just know that my dad was diagnosed 19 months ago and he is doing good. Small cell lung cancer responds very well to chemo so I am glad your mom decided to do it! We are here for you when you need us. I will have your mom in my prayers.

love,

jorja

Hi Barb,

Sorry to hear about your moms diagnosis and that you had to find us. But welcome here!

I am so glad you mom is doing well with the chemo. Usually the anticipation is worse than the actual treatments. I pray it continues that way.

Please know that we are here for you. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Maryanne :wink: