Scans all done

Cindy RN

Hi Cindy,

I totally missed this post but came looking for it when I saw your other Bahama post.

I think your feelings DO make sense! I don't have lung cancer, Cindy, so I can't identify and say I understand, but I can identify with the anxiety, tension, worry, and stress (there are probably more emotions I could name) that precede scans. Those times for me were actually the worst thing about all of lc.

Every time we got a "stable" report for Don, I was actually depressed for a while. Not because he was stable; of course I was happy he was stable. It was because I would wonder, how long, how long, how much longer? What will it be the next time?

I can see that after years of going for these scans over and over and over again that the anxiety in itself is mentally draining. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, and I think that I, too, would be grateful for positive results, but be depressed at the same time wondering if I was going to have this constant stress and fear hanging over me for the rest of my life!

I don't think that it's going to continue to be that way for you, Cindy (the worry, stress, etc.). You are now five years out, and instead of "the further I go, the more scared I get," as you know, the statistics say that "the further you go, the better your chances get." As you chalk up more and more NED reports, especially now that you've hit the BIG 5-year mark, I'm thinking (and praying) that your confidence in the fact that you have gone past the point of no return, will increase, and that the mental stuff will settle down.

On the guilt thing, try to let it go, if you can. Your friends that have passed would be ecstatic to know how well you are doing. I, personally, even though I have had a huge loss, have nothing but tears of joy for anyone that beats it. And like pammie said, the very fact that you are here, gives so much hope to others with sclc.

Now, about the kids from your other post. Got room for one more? I'll even buy the food. LOL!

Hang in there, kiddo. We love you!

Love,

Peggy

Cindy,

I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! HOORAY!

It really is great news! :D

However, I know just what you mean about how come we made it and our friends didn't? :? I can't tell you how many times I have said that to myself over and over again. After 10+ years of being a survivor you would think I would be past that, but I'm not! I have learned to live with that sadness over the loss of my friends and family, and keep in mind that God has a reason for me and you and many others to remain here on earth. We are not to question why! He has a plan for us.

(((((((((((((((CINDY)))))))))))))))