SCLC took Husband's life

Audrene

My husband if 27 yrs "Curley" passed away on March 4th, his funeral service was March 9th in S. Indiana.

He had fought SCLC since Jan 05 with mets to his brain . He fought hard and drained himself of all strength so more chemo wasn't possible. He kept saying he was to tired as treatments had not worked the few months prior.

He decided to go with Hospice on Jan 17th this year and they were so wonderful to us . I highly recommend their services to anyone facing a terminal condition of a beautiful life. He was pain free and died peacefully in my arms. He was sleeping when he suddenly stopped breathing. He was never heavily medicated and alert until the last couple hours he lived.

He is gone now but the pain is here and I can't seem to get beyond the day he died it's all like a nightmare like others have said I feel numb! I keep waiting for him to walk in the door after he'd been tinkering in his shop knowing that can never be.

He was the soulmate , the love of my life..he is sadly missed by me and our children. :cry:

Audrene

Wlfe of almost 9 wonderful years passed on 1/23/06 I know how much this hurts right now. Let the grief and the tears come whenever. Time will heal and I know it will take time. I still cry every night when I go outside to say nightly prayers and say goodnight to Deb. Also cry at certain country songs that remind me of her. You will be ok and we are here if you need a shoulder to cry or lean on anytime.

Dear Audrene,

There are many of us here on the same path as yourself...some a little ahead and even a few just behind you. I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain. Let us help each other thru this time and as Sue said have faith that it will get easier as we've all been told.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Dear Audrene,

As Beth said, there are many of us here who are on the same path as you, including many of those who posted here above this post. We know how painful and sad this is for you. When your heart is breaking, so is ours.

Many people and different things have helped me over the past 7 months, but most recently one of our own members here at LCSC posted words to another member that lifted my heart to a higher level. Just in case she doesn't come on here and repeat those words, here they are:

"Don't cry because he's gone,

smile because you had him in your life."

~~~~~~~~~~Lesley from Alabama

As with most things, they have to come at the right time to have an impact, so those words might not give you the jolt that they did me, but stay with us because if not those words, perhaps someone else's will help.

God's love to you,

Peggy

Audrene, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my husband 18 months ago to lung cancer at the age of 53. We had been married for 24 years with 3 children. It is so hard. I try to take only one day at a time. I would like to recommend a website that has helped me with over 5,000 members. It is called the young widow bulletin board at www.ywbb.org It has different forums and it has been helpful for me to sound off my feelings because sometimes I really think I am going crazy. And please try to rest as much as possible. It takes a lot of energy to grieve. Take care, Carolyn

Everyone...

I so appreciate all the posts.. it helps to make a day alittle easier knowing I'm not alone. I'm so very sorry for all that have lost loved ones to the "C" It seems so strange we can send men in orbit and a cure for cancer can't be found.

I'll keep you all in my prayers

God Bless

Audrene