Getting To Know You - March 15

Ann

I absolutely love that "spring smell." I love it when all the snow starts to melt and it also is a reminder that my birthday is coming. I love it when you can wear a light sweater without your winter jacket for the first time! Unfortunately, spring isn't here yet. We got a bit more snow yesterday and last night :( I am really anxious for Spring to arrive!!!!!!

love,

jorja

The wild flowers that grow in abundance where I live. The smell of newness and the clear crisp days and a sky so blue you can get lost in it. The promise of new beginnings. The feeling that no matter what God is in His place and all is right with the world.

Right now all of those things remind me of home but they also make me wonder where do I fit in? Where do I really belong? They say home is where the heart is but like most of my life my heart is devided between the people I love and the place I belong. Spring is just a reminder that nothing lasts forever

Flowers and green grass. I love it when the weather starts to change and things started growing and getting green. I especially love getting the deck set up and planting once its safe from frost.

It's in the 30's here so it sure doesn't feel like spring yet.

Negative today,

Spring is the season for

no boots

no gloves, hats, scarves

no coats

no shovelling

no snow to clean from the car.

So by the time you get out you are

ready to enjoy the weather, flowers

and fresh air.

Love

Jackie

Jackie

Well, first of all, it is Lucie's birthday, and each birthday is precious. We celebrated with the family on Monday and will celebrate with some special friends today.

Secondly, the flowers in bloom -- azaleas, redbuds, etc. The green of the new grass and new leaves.

And, as someone said, new beginnings. Don

What really hails spring are my husbands watery eyes and stuffy nose which mean that the trees are about to leaf and all the spring flowers will soon burst forth.

Just love that man's allergies........it's the end of winter!!

Geri

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LUCIE... MANY, MANY, MANY MORE!!

I love the first signs of spring, after the winter it is so invigoration, rejuvinating. Don't like the hay fever though.

Love the sound for the birds, see Robins for the first time, flowers, bike riding, eating at out-door cafes, walking around Penns Landing and me and Joel sitting on our porch reading a book.

I am sure there is more, these are just on the top of my head and of course barbacues.

Maryanne

I love spring - love the mud, love the birdsongs that have been missing for so long (already have robins and killdeer), love the sun on my face and the mud on my feet - and I'll be planting that dogwood for my friend Fay - and one for Addie, too.

in just-

in Just-

spring when the world is mud-

luscious the little

lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come

running from marbles and

piracies and it's spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer

old balloonman whistles

far and wee

and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's spring

and the goat-footed

balloonMan whistles

far

and

wee

ee cummings

As others have mentioned, I just love that "spring smell" in the air. Spring to me is so full of hope and new beginnings as nature wakes up from its winter sleep....a time for new growth on a new dream, dreamt in winter, lived heartily in summer, and celebrated for the abundance it brought in fall.

What I most look forward to in spring is the return of the swallows around here. We get two kinds: the tree swallows (white tummies) and the barn swallows (rust-colored tummies). They nest like crazy around our house and barn and help keep the insect population under control around here (we have a seasonal pond on the property that would be a mosquito haven without the swallows). They are so graceful in flight and some of the most attentive and caring parents to all of those kids they raise during the summer! They should be starting to return any time now...

Linda