Mom got good news

Well, Mom started her chemo on thursday. It went well, she slept through most of it. We did get some good news, the brain scan and the MRI of her shoulder showed no signs of cancer. The oncologist was worried that it had spred but no signs! It doesn't seem to be anywhere else but in the lungs right now. Her doc is encouraged and so Mom is feeling pretty optimistic right now. We did learn that she will probibly loose her hair starting next treatment(she gets them every 20 days) so we went and got a wig. I think Mom will be ok untill there is hair on the pillow, that will be hard for her. Ma met some other cancer patients at chemo and was able to talk and I think that helped her.

My little brother finally flew in last night to see her, he wanted to be here before the chemo made her sick. I do not think she had cried yet untill she saw him in the airport.

Dad is getting worse and not better, the pnemonia is kicking his tail. The doc wants to hospitalize him but he doesnt want to go because he wants to be home with Ma but she ends up taking care of him. Dad has decided that he is now angry, with me and the world because he cant get mad at Ma or the cancer. It is not easy to be nice to someone who can be down right mean. I am all most grateful his isnt in the hospital because I shudder to think of how he would be with the nurses! I am sure that Ma is greatful for the destraction of Dad being sick. Please tell me, some one out there, how to help my folks. An adult child can only do so much. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed and I just need someone to point me in the right direction, thanks!

I am happy to hear the good news about your mothers cancer not spreading. I am sorry that you are going through so much stress with your father. I will include you and your family in my prayers. This disease is bad enough without any other added stress.

Prayers

Good news on your mom. I know that is a relief. Sorry you have to take care of both parents. At least, you understand what is going on with your dad. I agree you should seek help, because you are already doing more than you probably need to for your own health's sake. Don

I am just gonna' say "ditto" to what everyone else has said so far: please look into additional outside help that might be available for your dad and possibly your mom ..... insurance should cover it. Keep us updated on this so we can perhaps support to more specifics in your situation.

Linda

Most people are not aware but the cost of a wig is Tax Deductible. Save or file receipt. Glad to hear all is going well. Will say prayers for you and your Mom.