LC help together time

Jyoung20

Can we all come to an agreement to meet somewhere this summer? I would love to spend a weekend with my life-support and get to meet you!!!! I still regret never meeting Leslie and many others. Life is so short!!!Is this a possibility or just wishful thinking? I will be there wherever it may be.. Maybe Katie could come up with something!!

XOXOXOXO

GOD BLESS,

Jamie

I suggested the Smoky Mountains awhile back. How 'bout Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountains? There is Dollywood, good shopping, the mountains--something for everyone. They have a lot of large chalets in the area just for events such as this or we could all get motel rooms, have a reception, that sort of thing. I would be willing to get some information for everyone to consider. What do you think?

If you plan it they will come. :lol: With all of us spread all over, it will be hard to all meet in one location. There are so many around TN etc. I think that is a good place (not sure about Bruce and Dolly though). Others should feel free to plan in their area also --we have lots on the east and west coast that could do their own get together. My feeling is-- if you're up for doing something - post it and get an idea of who can come and go from there. I'd redo the Michigan Bash but this year my son graduates so we're doing an open house. Hopefully I can attend someone elses party.

Hey Everyone,

If it's Gatlinburg and you need rooms ---I can help. My hubby and I bought a timeshare last year when I was really sick in hopes of doing some traveling. We can invite people to stay but the notsogood news is that you would have to be present at a 90 minute meeting about timeshares. With the trip, (if I am not mistaken) you get three days and two nights in Gatlinburg at a nice hotel. I don't think there are other charges (maybe $50.00)and I do know they will give you some extra perks for coming. I can also make arrangements for Branson, MO. We just got back from there and loved it. Alot like Gatlinburg and more centrally located. Let me know if this is of interest and I will start checking into it.

XOXOXO,

Jamie

Well I love the idea of seeing everyone. I don't know how much help I am, but I'm willing to give it my best.

I'd even be willing to host a barbeque cook out or something at my place. I have 5 acres of land so a noisy crazy crowd is not a problem. people can stay with us, or at the local Hospitality Inn or for those adventurous types they can camp out in our wooded back lot.

Otherwise, I do know that when a bunch of Keith's friends hosted a benefit to raise funds for his treatment they got on the phone and called places for donations for a raffle. We actually got great responses from hotels in the area which provided free gift certificates for rooms. I think if we picked an area, and gave a good estimate of the number of attendees that would be coming with all their lovely additional spending and such that a hotel might very well offer a deeply discounted rate or even donate a banquet room for the get together. It doesn't hurt to call around and ask. It really is for a good cause.

Just a suggestion so that as many people as possible can attend. I don't know where a lot of these towns or cities are, but hopefully they are near a major city that can be reached with one flight. I certainly would love to travel to wherever, but within reason.