Getting To Know You - Happy Spring!!!

Ann

HAPPY SPRING TO ALL!!!

Since today is the first day of spring, cleaning automatically comes to mind. My mother and grandmother were always very big on spring cleaning.

Do you do major spring cleaning at your house???

I don't anymore but at one time I did. It's kind of ironic that you should post this question now when I am going through a cleaning of sorts. I'll post about that in the grieving forum.

I used to take the first really beautifull Spring day and make it a big cleaning day. I would open all of the windows and take all of the bedding and hang it on the line to air. Then I would mop my whole house and do a general cleaning of everything. Everyone had to have a good bath too. It just all went together.

Then all of the years in my house(God I still think of it as mine while my kids are trying to decide what to do with it) I would take one room a day. There is panneling so I would wash and oil it, take all of the what nots off the walls and clean them and put them back, clean the windows and clean the drapes and blinds then finish by mopping the floor or cleaning the carpet. I would take a one day break between rooms so it was a two week project. Now I have neither the time nor the energy to do that kind of thing. Living alone doesn't require a lot of cleaning but the instinct to do it is still there. I guess that is my form of Spring cleaning now.

Not in your wildest dreams!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't like housework to begin with and will certainly not waste "feet up eating bon-bons" time cleaning house, HA!

That being said I do have strange moments occasionally and will take a room apart...... but not often, and certainly not in the spring.

My mother would have a fit if she knew so I'll have my cleaning lady do some extra this week!

Geri

Don't even want to talk about housecleaning.

I do however go through my clothes and give the ones I dont wear to charity. But I always wind up keeping too many I don't wear because I keep thinking when I lose weight I will be able to wear it. Yea, right :roll:

I really think this year, that I am finally going to get rid of the ones I have been holding on to all these years. I know I will never were them again :cry:

Oh my spring cleaning.... I open all the windows :roll:

take care

Maryanne :wink:

Does cleaning the pool count??

I pulled out all the chemicals, pool cleaning equipment and pool toys/floats. I checked the toys & floats to make sure they still worked and held air. I added the correct chemical mixture, vacuumed the bottom of the pool and cleaned out the pool filter. Then I took a sample of the water to the pool store to make sure I had the chemicals correct. Now we are waiting for the water to hit the magic 70 degree mark so we can jump in. It's hovering at 62 right now, so it will take another couple of weeks. I don't have a pool heater, so we will anxiously watch the pool temperature rise. Especially me, since I don't have to worry about shaving my legs this year!!!

Pam in FL

8)

Used to, and still have the urge, but not the time. Just might give up my frustration with "clean" and stop the habit after reading your Inspirational dust post in another forum this morning: that was awesome and really makes you think about what is really important.

Linda

Move over Peggy,

I'm in the mist of spring cleaning,

now just resting for a little while.

Ann, good question, I always do my week

cleaning and I hate it, but spring cleaning

is harder and now that I see the end of it,

I'm glad and happy it will be done.

Just five rooms to do, it is not as bad

as a house.

Back at work, till next break.

Jackie

I definitely have to do my spring cleaning. I guess it's in my family roots, as my mom and grandma always were big into spring cleaning. I come from way back in the country and I think major spring cleaning was something that everybody does. To me, spring is as much a "frame of mind" as an actual season. When the calendar says it's officially Spring, I throw open the windows and start cleaning. I usually do these "deep" cleanings twice a year...Spring and just before Thanksgiving.

Oh my, I have to come back and own up.......I have spent the morning DUSTING, CLEANING MY OVEN (okay I turned it on), CLEANED MY STOVE TOP, CLEANED THE FRONTS OF THE APPLIANCES and WASHED a few loads of towels.

I don't know what on earth possessed me - could it be that my daughter and her in-laws are coming this weekend for a birthday party???

Now I have to get back to work, I actually came upstairs to dust the bedrooms and got as far as the computer.

Do you think this counts as spring cleaning or just not wanting people seeing how we really live?

HI HO, HI HO, I'm being Suzie homemaker today....... somebody record the date!

Geri

Geri...I definitely think this counts!!! Hey...it's officially Spring and you're officially Cleaning. So, that has to mean only one thing...Spring Cleaning!

I always tell people that when they entertain they really don't have to 'clean', just make sure the baseboards are clean in the powder room since women are a captive audience. Also, keep the lights low, hides the dust and we women look much better in low lights.