Connie B- better AT HOME Updated Fri 8/29

Donna G

My husband Jay and I went up to United Hosp. this evening and visited Connie she is looking better each day. Down to one IV in her hand , still has the chest tube but they may come out tomorrow! That PCA of dilaudid is helping with the pain. She was out walking around with the people from Cardiac Rehab. Her auto plumbing has been removed so she must get up now to deposit her liguid gold. She just picked at her supper. Wish she had more appetite or perhaps something other that hospital food. O well. She wanted me to say HI !! . Did you hear ? Perhaps I'll bring her food tomorrow and your messages. Donna

Please continue to pray I know she is still having a hard time with the fact she has to go through all this again. FRIDAY SEE BELOW

Thanks, Donna, I look for your posts every day!

((((((((((((((CONNIE))))))))))))))))

Thinking about you and praying for you every day!!!!

OUR HEROINE

OUR LIFEBOAT IN THIS STORM

Do you hear us Lord!!! We're all praying hard for this great woman you sent us when our chips were down!! We need her!!!!! Please heal her!!!!

AMEN!!

Connie,

I asked my sister to add you to her prayer list. You are in my paryers daily. May the Lord send his angels to watch over one of his mightiest of warriors while she mends and rests. We anxiously await news of your recovery. We love you and need you back in the fight against LC!

Cheryl

Just talked to Maurie, Connie got her chest tube out today. Still needing pain med but now oxycontin with morphine supplement, Hgh is low so she is gettin blood. She is tired but intends to get another walk in. Had lots of company today. Please continue to pray for her as we do for all those on the board going through the tough times. Donna

Connie and Donna,

I continue to pray for a grand recovery for the Heroine as Linda put it!

On a side note: Is United Hospital in St. Paul? My parents were both born in St. Paul and my 92 year old grandmother still lives there. She just had a pacemaker put in 2 weeks ago and came through with flying colors. They said she had the veins of a 28 year old! Midwest folks are a "sturdy lot" she always says.

Here's praying for Connie being an exceptional sturdy lot member!

God bless~

Karen M.

Connie and I are playing phone tag today. I called at a bad time and she was to call back then it was getting time to get the dog walked before work and she called and left a message . She says she is a little better today. Still some pain where they took the chest tube out. At 2pm leaving for one hour of rehab . She also said she had got a shower in today and that felt good. If I get a break at work I'll try the phone tag game again. Sounds like good news on the whole Donna

Well I called Connie again at supper. She told me in rehab she did steps, something like a bike and some treadmill resting between each but they stopped because her O2 sats fell even with the O2 on. She had Maurie order her an electric bed for home through the american cancer society, it is free, she said you can get bedside commodes and a lot of things, if you have cancer that is. I will post again tomorrow. Good night. Donna

Hi all. Saw Connie yesterday. Talked with her today. Still having problems with pain. Has not been able to go to Rehab. Doctor order more tests on her - CT of chest today looking to see if there is another problem or not. Still needs Oxygen. I'll try to keep you posted. Donna

Connie:

Get better, you hear. I miss my cancer mentor. You were the first person I cooresponded with when I first got cancer. I miss you. Call me when you get home.

Dave

Donna,

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Connie. Please tell her that I know how tough this is on her, and that I believe in her strength and stamina, and sheer will to survive.

I'm one of Connie Bercham's greatest one-lunged cheerleaders. Wish I could visit her.

Fay A.

Connie,

Hang in there and get well soon. You are a survivor and will beat this thing. You are such an inspiration for all of us. You and your posts are truly missed. We look forward to when we will hear from YOU!!!!!!! Praying for you every day. Keep the faith. God is good.

Donna, Thank you so much for all the posts and the updates about Connie. It is really appreciated.

God Bless all of us and praying for a "Cure"

Karen

Talked with Maurie. Connie was feeling better today so they discharged her and she is home. :D:D She is on a blood thinner to prevent clots so tomorrow she has to go out to get lab test. She can not drive he said for 4 weeks. They gave them a couple a tanks of O2 to get home ( they live about 30-35 miles north of St. Paul) and there she has a condenser to give her O 2. Hope soon she will be up to posting. Maurie said she was pooped and lying on the sofa. He will be the chef tonight. Please continue to keep Connie in your prayers, still in recovery. Thanks so much Donna

Connie,

It's good to read that everyday you are getting something removed or some small advance. I have called the hospital several times and have been unable to get a hold of you. I have wanted to come visit, but wanted the o.k. first:) I am always thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I would love to come visit you, at the hospital or home, it does not matter. I would also like to bring something for you and your family, as I know how boring the hospital can be:) please give me a call and let me know what I can do. Love, Jodi 612-789-5034

p.s. Donna; thank you for all YOU are doing, your the best!!

Connie,

It's good to read that everyday you are getting something removed or some small advance. I have called the hospital several times and have been unable to get a hold of you. I have wanted to come visit, but wanted the o.k. first:) I am always thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I would love to come visit you, at the hospital or home, it does not matter. I would also like to bring something for you and your family, as I know how boring the hospital can be:) please give me a call and let me know what I can do. Love, Jodi 612-789-5034

p.s. Donna; thank you for all YOU are doing, your the best!!

:D Hi Connie,

So happy to hear you are home. You are in my daily prayers. You are

still my mentor and your job is not done here yet. All of us need you.

I wanted to send this website for you. I think you can get polka music

all the time. In fact, I'm listening to polkas as I type this.

www.warpradio.com/asx/upka - asx Hope you can get

this. I have 2 more whole head radiation treatments left, then go seee

the lung doctor. I kknow how tired you get. I'm huffing and pufffing

like an old steam engine just to get from my bedto the kitchen table.

We are strong and will be able to continue our battle. Donna did a

wonderful job in keeping us posted. What a good friend you have in her.

God Bless You,

Marsha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Age 61, dx 12/01 Adenocarcinoma NSCLC Stage 11, removed right lung

1/02 - no follow up treatment. 4/02 spread to lymph nodes had 6

chemo treatments of Taxol/carboplatin beginning 5/15/02 ending 8/28/02

July 03, 2 brain mets. One surgically removed, the other gamma knife

follow up by 15 whole head radiation

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Thanks for all the updates. Connie - so glad to hear you are home and anxious for your next post, which I'm sure will be soon. Know that you'll be gaining strength each and every day. You've got a big fan club on this board.

Aloha, Cheryl