Getting to Know You - March 21

Ann

I was born in a pretty little town that sits on the border of North Dakota and Canada. If Mom's head woulda been tipping the other way, I mighta been a Canuck!

We all eleven lived in the upstairs part of a SooLine depot. Dad was the depot agent. We had no running water. We had a two holer outhouse. For fun we ran through the neighbor's pastures trying to avoid the hot mudpies with our barefeet. We didn't wear shoes or shirts. Only shorts or underpants. We used to go over to Mrs. Herslips house to pet her big, fat white chickens.

Dad bought us a Palamino pony named Chico who bucked and bit little kids when Dad wasn't looking.

Dad also tried to build a swimming pool in our backyard with a backhoe and thick plastic tarp and had some water tanked in. But the sides collapsed and almost killed 2 of my brothers. Mom was mad. We found a lot of salamanders under the plastic. Did you know that their tails come off with the slightest provocation?

What was the question again?

I was born in Bristol, England during a blizzard, what an entry I made!!

My Dad left the hospital after I was born (2 other kids at home) and couldn't get back for 2 days........Aah the stuff that lore is made of!

By the way there wasn't another blizzard for 15 years - how special am I?

Geri

I was born in Peoria, Illinois.

My Mom wasn't expecting twins at the time.

She went to the hospital with ONE of everything including a name. My sister, Michelle, arrived two minutes later and has been a hellion every since!! :D

It is just amazing that now you not only know how many children to expect. But, you can even find out the sex of your child. What a way to ruin a wonderful surprise huh???

I was born in Knoxville, Tennessee. I lived in the area for 32 years befroe becoming a Floridian. I can tell you that my blood still is orange....go Vols!!!

Tina and Charlie will definitely understand this!!!

I was born in Palo Alto California in the old Palo Alto hospital close to where Stanford hospital is now. I was raised in the beautiful Santa Clara Valley long before it became Silicon Valley(that name still irks me) when it was about as country as you could get. Everything has changed now and all that made it such a wonderfull place to grow up has been destroyed. Still it has probably the best weather in the world. All of the years away on the hot mucky summer days I would dream of the beautifull blue sky and the cool afternoon breeze comming off of the bay. The mountais all around were my medicine they could cure a heartache or disappointment. When you are born in the shadow of those mountains they are in your blood for the rest of your life. I know there are many here who can understand what I mean by that.

I was born in Americus, GA because we didn't have a hospital in Buena Vista. Americus is 9 miles from Plains, GA, home of Jimmy Carter.

All my family except TeeTaa (a sister) and me still live in our little town pretty much w/in "yellin' distance" of Mama.

I was born at Chilton Memorial Hospital in Pompton Plains, New Jersey. shortly thereafter, the hospital was condemned, razed, and rebuilt - although I continued to receive "alumni" mail for many years. later, we learned that "Pompton" is a Native American word for punishment.

:lol:

Long Beach California. Moved to Dallas, Texas, at the ripe old age of 9 months and usually forget that I was not actually born a Texan. Don't have the foggiest idea where Long Beach is. Guess I ought to dig out a map, now that you've made me think about it Ann.