Thanks for giving me the courage!!!

Lori,

Your mother may think that SF, should be the

one looking after her, he married her, loved her

and that his future plans should always include her.

So hard for you, you try to make the best

for your Mom and here comes SF and all gets

change again.

Wishing only the best for you and your mother.

Jackie

Peggy,

I feel exactly the same way. I just feel sad for her and I guess no matter how hard I try to make it different between the two of them, I can't. She sees right through it. She has brain cancer, but has not lost her mind!!

If I do not continue to try to make her wishes heard and happen, I will be regretful. If I quit my job to take care of her myself, my family will have no medical benefits. I guess I am going to have to reconsider that. I just want no regrets where my mom's life is concerned. She has always had my back no matter what and I want to return the favor. That's what families are for, right?

Gosh Lori, what a rollercoaster you have been riding! I think you're right-on with decision-making that won't leave you with regrets and I admire your unending dedication to your mom's difficult situation; however, make sure that you won't have regrets with your own family as a consequence of the decisions you are making (i.e. the medical benefits thing if you decide to quit your job).

Only you know what is possible in your particular circumstance and only you can answer such things, none of us really can -- and not all decisions you may have to make may be ideally what you'd like to do. There's only so much of you to go around and everyone in your life loses if you break down in the middle of all of this: try to find a balance that can bring you as much peace inside as possible.

You really are doing everything you can -- just know that it will be enough, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Hugs, Linda