I'm at home

TAnn

Thank you so much Don and Lucie for posting my update and for your continued support. Lucie calls and checks on me about once a week and I really enjoy talking to her. She is such an amazing woman.

I went to the ER yesterday and they thought the pain might be coming from my liver, so they did an ultrasound. Liver is all clear, but by then the department for the pericentesis was closed so I had to go back today for them to drain it.

When I was in the hospital, only 1 month ago they removed 2 1/2 liters of fluid. In only 1 month the fluid was back and today they removed 1 1/2 liters. Since I'm no longer hooked up to the "good pain killers by IV, I'm feeling very sore, but the actual procedure went well.

Thank goodness I didn't have to stay in the hospital.

My husband has been juggling work and sooo many trips to the hospital, he has been so wonderful through it all. But I can see the stress it is causing and it makes me feel so bad. The caregivers are such an important part of this process. Thanks to you all.

I go back on Friday for a new ct of the chest and mri of the spine, then get the results from my doctor next Wednesday. That is when we will discuss what comes next for me. He is proposing Gemzar without the Carboplatin and lowering the dosage. I'm still unsure if my body can handle any more chemo, but I don't really see any other choice.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it helps more than you know.

Keepin up the fight,

Teri

YES! YES! YES! Teri - I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOUR POST! :P:P:D:D:D:P

I love you, girlfriend, and I have achingly missed you. You go girl and beat that cancer to mush!

I hope the soreness disappears soon and please know that I will be praying every single day for good scans.

Stay in touch now, you hear!!!

Love,

Peggy

So glad to see that you are back home. I hope that your doctors find a treatment plan that works for you. Prayers and positive thoughts continue for you.

Prayers

Teri,

Great to hear from you and that you are home and able to post. I had Gemzar initially and then with the Clinical Trial and it worked both times. It stopped my pleural effusion when I first started Chemo and it has not come back to any significant amount. Pray that you have good luck with it too.

Hang tough my friend. God Bless. Praying for you.

CharlieD

It is sooooo good to see your post. I am thrilled that you are home. I pray thay they get that water build up under control. That must really knock you through a loop.

Thinking of you and it is so good to see you here.

Prayers always sent to you.

Maryanne :wink:

Teri

Good to see your post, girl.

Please try to accept the help that you get from your husband and all with humility and gratitude. Do not worry that you are a burden. You are absolutely NOT!

Think of it this way, Please. If the tables were turned in any other direction, you would be there 100% for them.

Not to say all isn't without worry. LC is worriesome. Please just concentrate on getting better. Do not caretake the caretakers. For right now, Teri is #1. Trust that all else will fall into place.

Best of luck with the Gemzar, Teri.

Cindi o'h