New member!

Hello everyone. My name is Melanie. Recently I lost the love of my life to cancer. 11 years ago he was given 3 months to live. He beat the odds and lived until Nov. 14th 2005. He ran a site called Living With Cancer and since he passed over I have taken over his site. There is so much for me to learn. Keiths cancer was labeled as lung cancer although it began outside the lungs, on the lining I believe and grew into the lung. It was 14cm big. They gave him radiation to help with the pain etc while he waitied to die. The radiation must have done more than helped with the pain. That and many, many prayers. However he did end up with radiation damage to the spine, and thats what eventually killed him. He lived in so much pain. Anyways, one of the groups members pointed out this site to me as we were looking for car magnets re: Lung Cancer. I looked around and decided to join up. There is so much you all can teach me.. and that will be such a blessing as I run Keiths support group. Thank you for listening. I don't have cancer, but I do live with a chronic pain condition. (Fibromyalgia) and suffer from TIA's (mild strokes). I hope it's OK for me to be here.

Sincerely,

Melanie

Welcome Melanie,

I just wanted to welcome you and let you know we are glad you joined us. I just lost my husband 3 weeks ago and it's not an easy time for sure. There is so much here to offer all of us. You might want to read in our grieving forum. It helps me to know I'm not alone. It also helps me if I can help someone else along the way . Again, welcome .

Sue

Sue -

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it's not an easy time for you. ((( gentle hugs ))) I hope you have many, many wonderful memories to hold on to. Those are what helps one in getting by each day.

Thank you so much for your welcome. I really appreciate it. Will check out the grieving area as you suggested. Thank y ou for pointing me in that direction.

Love,

Melanie

Thank you for the welcome Rich. It's so good to met so many new people. Finding this site has been a blessing to me. Some days are good, others are hard. but overall I am doing well. :)

Melanie

Welcome Melanie, Glad you found us, stay with us and let us know how you are doing. Rich

Thank you Frank.

When Keith was diagnosed, he decided he wasn't giving in. He started walking. One day he made it to the door, then on another he made it to the mailbox.. and then down the street, then around the block.. and finally made it to town. He also set his goal on becoming an ordained minister. He took online classes for years, Became an ordained minister and was working on his masters degree when he became too ill to sit at the computer anymore. His positive attitude, and gentle spirit reached out to help so many people over the years. I just hope I can do as much while I run his site, as well as when I visit here.

Thank you so much for the welcome. Keith always said that we should alway hold onto hope. And thats so true. Wishing you all the best!

Melanie

Michele -

I am so sorry for your loss. It seems you lost your dad about the time I lost Keith. It's not easy, I know. Just hold onto all your precious memories - and he will live on forever through your memories etc.

Love,

Melanie

Melanie,

Welcome! I'm sure your going to find a lot of helpful people here. I joined after My Dad passed away and they all have been very helpful with the greiving process. I only wish I found the site when my Dad was still alive. :cry:

Michele

Gail -

Keith was an amazing person. He was so tired of the fight though at the end. And we talked often about him wanting to go. So it was a mixed blessing. I knew he was ready.. I just wasn't ready. *smile* But isn't that normal. I do miss him terribly, but am so glad he is no longer hurting.

Thank you for the welcome.

Melanie

Thank you Marie. Actually Keith and I never married. He and I met online about 5 years ago. He was running his Living With Cancer site, and I was running my Living With Fibromyalgia site. I also write for the Delphi Gazette. A paper for the community where our forums are. Thats how I met him, I was doing an article. Every Christmas I "dress up" as Santa, have an account set up as Santa and visit as many forums as I can. So Santa went in and told Keith that someone was thinking about him.. LOL So we always teased each other that it was Santa that bought us together. Keith was pretty much homebound by the time I met him. He lived 370 miles away from me, so each month I would drive down and spend 2-3 weeks with him, then come home to help my daughter with paying all our bills etc. And turn around and go back. I was with him when he went into the hospital the last time, he was put in the hospice ward. So when he passed I was right there holding his hand and whispering to him. It was a peaceful passing as he was sleeping comfortably. Probably for the first time in years. They had him on high doses of pain meds to keep him comfortable.

I'll always miss his laughter, and his wonderful sense of peacefulness. By keeping his forum alive, in a sense I am keeping true to him memory. Or at least I think so.

Melanie

Welcome to this site,so sorry for the loss of your husband.you will find alot of caring people here who will give you the help and support you need.I sure did.

Marie