I'm not riding the Roller Coaster, Folks.....

Fay A.

Do you remember the carnival ride called "The Scrambler"? You had the highs and lows of the roller coaster while being thrown from side to side with enough G-Force to rattle your brain and smash your body flat. That's the ride I'm on these days.

A few weeks ago I learned that the cancer had spread to my left lung. I had the port put in this week, and we discussed the three chemo protocol risk/toxicity issues.

On Friday I learned that it was a mistake. The report was supposed to read "There is no evidence of disease in the left lung.", and not "There is evidence of disease in the left lung." The Onc and I were looking at the films and she called the radiologist who read the scans...and that's how I found out that I don't have cancer in the left lung. As simple and as complex as that... A transcription error carried forward to the conclusion.

One minute I do, and the next minute I do not.

So, this is good news. And I am grateful. I am also apprehensive that I will receive a(nother) phone call telling me that there has been a(nother) terrible mistake and that there really IS cancer in the left lung.

I won't do the three drug chemo, because there have been deaths associated with the increased toxicity. But I'm going to do the two drug chemo with the hopes that if there is any cancer in there it will zap it.

Wishing you all well,

Fay A.

Oh my God, Fay. You must be insane. I know mistakes happen, but wow! Pretty scary mistake. Thank goodness they caught it!! Imagine if they hadn't. I'm so glad to hear your OK. So much sad new lately on the boards; we do need a lot of good to balance it. Praying for the best.

Annie

Fay,

Praise God that you have no cancer in your left lung! How awful that you had to go trough this scare. It makes me sick to my stomach to think what they put you through.

Fay I am confused as to why you will have chemo again? Is it for preventative measures?

Cheryl

Glad to hear it was all a mistake...I really dont understand how mistakes like that can be made...just a few days ago my dad got the results from a xray, or at least thats what he thought was going to happen! Turns out it was an xray of someone who has testicular cancer! I guess I can see how they got those two confused :lol:

Wishing you all the best

Tracy

When I just read your post my first reaction was " Praise God " the prt is still a great idea to have. The chemo can be so toxic to our peripheral ( hands and forearms) veins. So now we are just making sure with the chemo in case of micro metastasis? Am I correct? That sounds like GOOD NEWS TO ME Let us know which drugs the onocologist decides on . Donna

How does absolutely freaky contrasted with Tidings of Great Joy grab you? Wow!!!

Glad to hear you are being extra careful and opting for some follow-up chemo. You are in my heart and in my prayers, fellow BAC-like person. Kill 'em!!! (the cancer cells, not the radiologist 8) )

HOLLY COW Fay !!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Talk about a reprieve!! :D:D , So very happy for ya. Bet some tech got chewed big time for that one.

talk about a blessing and I agree with the extra chemo, very wise

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"