LCSC BASH - NASHVILLE

KatieB

Tina,

Is there a campground close by with hook-ups (electric, water and sewer.) I have a 40'fifth wheel. My home away from home. If not, the hotel works for us... Bob checking on the mileage right now (1977.5 miles to Nashville from Corona, CA)(1383.5 miles to Dallas/Ft. Worth from Corona)

Oh, yeah! I like N'ville and I'm only 74 miles from the airport. Will pick whomever flies in and offer my one extra bedroom (Queen bed), blow-up Queen mattress and sofa for whomever wants to bunk with me. It is an easy drive over to Nashville from Cookeville.

Please, please let's set a date so I can get it on my calendar. And I'll help with the organizing since I'm so close. Who originally offered up N'ville so I can get in touch with them?

Can you tell I'm excited?

Fran

I have to vote for Nashville. Its only a 3 hour drive for me and that way I know I would be able to go. I have flown many times before but funds are short at present, so a nice drive sounds good to me. Can't wait to meet all of you wonderful people.

Nina

I saw Dr. Sandler at Vandy for a 3rd opinion. I may be able to talk to him about participating in some way. What do you think?

Are we interested in media exposure for this event? If so, I will work on that too!!

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

I think that media exposure would be great if we can get it. We need to let others affected by cancer to relize there is hope out there and that it can be beaten.

I think that if we can get Vanderbilt involved someway that would be good to. A few ideas have crossed my mind. I wonder if Vanderbilt has some space that we could use...auditorium etc... to perhaps to have a surgeon or a good speaker to present today's prespective on cancer. Perhaps we could invite the Governor or some elected official without turning it into a political rally.

What if perhaps a group of us could visit the cancer center and reach out to those in need. Just a few suggestions here.

Nashville sounds great, but unfortunately I can't afford to travel (it would be for 3 people, cause I can't leave my twins home alone), so I have to stay with my NYC vote. But I cannot find the thread to vote for NYC. Katie, can you please direct me to that thread? Thanks.

On another subject, I cannot seem to get into As the Experts. I haven't tried for a couple of months while I was away from the board when my father was dying and I was taking care of him. Did you close that thread?

Hey Alisa,

To vote for NYC just keep scrolling down in General. I think the last reply made to it was March 24 by dchurchi. Also the Expert forum if not available at present.

ALways good to see you, Alisa. I might just have to make a 3 hour ride to NYC and look all of you up in the general vicinity. Wouldn't lunch some day be great. Wonder how many could make it????? Not too far for PA, NJ CT ya know??? Hmmmm.......

Kasey